Monster movies and movie monsters

chrisjpainter

Love American werewolf in London, Dark humour, the first transformation scene was brilliant "I didn't mean to call you a meatloaf Jack" 

Did you know John Landis made the See You Next Tuesday film, especially for the film. Had its own cast etc.

The worst werewolf has to go to Micheal J Fox in teen wolf looked like a 6ft hamster.

Edited by fatchap

I can remember being scared sh....less re the first terminator film in 1984. Still a good film but CGI is now laughable. The second Alien film Aliens film is still the best sequel of all time. Alien was a horror film and Aliens was just an action movie

9 minutes ago, fatchap said:

Love American werewolf in London, Dark humour, the first transformation scene was brilliant "I didn't mean to call you a meatloaf Jack" 

Did you know John Landis made the See You Next Tuesday film, especially for the film. Had its own cast etc.

The worst werewolf has to go to Micheal J Fox in teen wolf looked like a 6ft hamster.

For some reason the shower scene sticks in my memory most in this classic film for some reason. Jenny Seagrove hmmmmmm

3 minutes ago, yates said:

For some reason the shower scene sticks in my memory most in this classic film for some reason. Jenny Seagrove hmmmmmm

You mean Jenny Agutta? Remember that scene, bit embarrassing when the film used to go funny at that scene when me dad watched it on VHS always paused that bit for some reason.

4 minutes ago, fatchap said:

You mean Jenny Agutta? Remember that scene, bit embarrassing when the film used to go funny at that scene when me dad watched it on VHS always paused that bit for some reason.

Yes I stand corrected thank you. Man of great taste is your father 

An American Werewolf in London was brilliant; the transformation to Bad Moon Rising was brilliant and a scene I always regard as impressive and well thought out to give an indication of the sheer size of the creature,  was the overhead shot as it moved towards the bottom of the tube escalator in pursuit of the commuter .

2 hours ago, Scully said:

An American Werewolf in London was brilliant; the transformation to Bad Moon Rising was brilliant and a scene I always regard as impressive and well thought out to give an indication of the sheer size of the creature,  was the overhead shot as it moved towards the bottom of the tube escalator in pursuit of the commuter .

And all practical effects, lots of wires and pulleys etc to puppeteer the various elements. The only bad thing in that film is the final wolf in the alley that looks like a charity shop fur coat on a saw horse

6 hours ago, Scully said:

Cracking film, my favourite werewolf movie. 

Which reminds me of another, Dog Soldiers.