Sign in to follow this  
ditchman

Harvest

10 hours ago, Fatcatsplat said:

I'm not sure what i'm going to to do this year.

My farm (or at least part of it) is going to form part of the new Thames Crossing and they have been taking measurements and soil samples all year, so my crop choice presently consists of onions and spuds - Not sure that's going to get the pigeons in, but hoping the ducks may take a liking to it later in the year

It's always worth looking for a flightline into the spuds if they are being irrigated as pigeons need a good drink especially if feeding on grain somewhere nearby.

Why comedians? I've shot pigeon's that had been dropping in immediately behind the combine as the rape was being harvested.

you have to see them in action all i can say is if you can’t find a flight line with a guide dog take free advice or stay home 

i have 5 fields of barley cut. went out after  work yesterday,i did get 13 pigeons.

Posted (edited)

just walked the dog up one of my farms.and 2 fields of rape have been cut, must have been in the week, pigeons all over it, so better go after them tomorrow.

Edited by mossy835

12 hours ago, mossy835 said:

just walked the dog up one of my farms.and 2 fields of rape have been cut, must have been in the week, pigeons all over it, so better go after them tomorrow.

Take your brolly the weather forecast is grim.

first wheat cut this week just went for a look and no shotguns from now on thanks to comedians setting up to close to the horses next door as i got the ok to use the air rifle serves them right numbers should have built up nicely by tues 

7 hours ago, dead eye alan said:

Take your brolly the weather forecast is grim.

you were right got out there .and 1 hour later it peed down got wet to the skin for 5 pigeons,

3 hours ago, mossy835 said:

you were right got out there .and 1 hour later it peed down got wet to the skin for 5 pigeons,

get a camo umbrella from angling direct, I was out today too but dry in between the showers.

18 hours ago, mossy835 said:

Took mine and still got soaked as a mini gale destroyed my hide magnet and brolly.😌