Damage Cartridge

IMHO Its not cheap / poor  cases its Too slow a powder poor ignition or low pressure somewhere. due to reduced load / light powder charge . something along those lines. Now the silenced .410 aspect i am not familiar with, it could just be the in barrel porting and the moderator are causing some scenario that brings about the case mouth fizzing. I simply do not know about this. What i will say if anyone wants to try this. Whatever cartridge is giving issue, Take out the primer "in the eley will be Fiocchi 616 i guess"  And them replace it with a Rio G1000. and watch the case mouth issue stop instantly.  Caveat here is it could bump pressures up, Now given the issues i can only guess the hotter primer will not put things over pressure dangerously. 

And  i think even swapping to a CX2000 "Might be a tad small in the fiocchi hull" will clean up the burn in the fiocchi hull. the 616 is on the tame side as i mentioned earlier.

Edited by lancer425

18 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

IMHO Its not cheap / poor  cases its Too slow a powder poor ignition or low pressure somewhere. due to reduced load / light powder charge . something along those lines. Now the silenced .410 aspect i am not familiar with, it could just be the in barrel porting and the moderator are causing some scenario that brings about the case mouth fizzing. I simply do not know about this. What i will say if anyone wants to try this. Whatever cartridge is giving issue, Take out the primer "in the eley will be Fiocchi 686 i guess"  And them replace it with a Rio G1000. and watch the case mouth issue stop instantly.  Caveat here is it could bump pressures up, Now given the issues i can only guess the hotter primer will not put things over pressure dangerously. 

And  i think even swapping to a CX2000 "Might be a tad small in the fiocchi hull" will clean up the burn in the fiocchi hull. the 686 is on the tame side as i mentioned earlier.

Sadly, not convinced, especially as Fiocchi do not make a 686 primer you keep mentioning.
Nobel sport make the 686 primer and both eley and Fiocchi are not likely to use them as they both make their own.
Nobel sport do not make .410 cases either.

https://www.nobelsport.it/en/products-en/components/cases

Edited by rbrowning2

Some years ago, in a box of Eley 3"  .410 cartridges with fibre/felt wads, I noticed one cartridge in which the wad had been inserted and rammed in such a way that the long axis of the wad was positioned transversely in the cartridge. 

I did not bother to fire it..... might have been interesting to do so.....in somebody else's gun.

1 hour ago, rbrowning2 said:

Sadly, not convinced, especially as Fiocchi do not make a 686 primer you keep mentioning.
Nobel sport make the 686 primer and both eley and Fiocchi are not likely to use them as they both make their own.
Nobel sport do not make .410 cases either.

https://www.nobelsport.it/en/products-en/components/cases

I stand corrected. 616 fiocchi martagoni 686. martagoni are lower briscance than the 616 fiocchi616 . So posts now edited corectly.

I stand corrected. 616 fiocchi martagoni 686. martagoni are lower briscance than the 616 fiocchi616 .

Where did i IMPLY  nobel sport made .410 hulls. ?????

Edited by lancer425

4 hours ago, lancer425 said:

I stand corrected. 616 fiocchi martagoni 686. martagoni are lower briscance than the 616 fiocchi616 .

Where did i IMPLY  nobel sport made .410 hulls. ?????

The comment re Nobel sport and the .410 hulls was just to reflect that to my knowledge their are only two EU manufactures of .410 hulls, Fiocchi and Cheddite.

Martagoni as a brand disappeared some years back and became part of Nobel Sport.

as the photo shows full power fibre wad cartridges, yet to experience the problem with plastic wad cartridges, if anybody has please let us know.

2 hours ago, rbrowning2 said:

The comment re Nobel sport and the .410 hulls was just to reflect that to my knowledge their are only two EU manufactures of .410 hulls, Fiocchi and Cheddite.

Martagoni as a brand disappeared some years back and became part of Nobel Sport.

as the photo shows full power fibre wad cartridges, yet to experience the problem with plastic wad cartridges, if anybody has please let us know.

Not up on .410 but i would be suprised if Maxam/Formerly UEE / As of brands  saga and rio did not make a .410 hull.

2 hours ago, lancer425 said:

Rio .410 hulls get mentioned here.

https://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=104747

You are correct Maxam is the parent company, for Rio, eley, saga, GB and possibly more manufactures but they do not claim to make any .410 or 28ga cases. Just 12,16 and 20gauge.

https://www.maxamcorp.com/en/cartridges-components/components/shotshell-cases