Danger-Mouse

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

I go back a long way, probably well before most of you where born and when the law abiding pub;lic appreciated our efforts to lock the criminals up  At least once a week when on nights we would coordinate a stop check in areas and on roads we believed to be used by the criminal fraternity. This would be at one oclock in the morning for about an hour and there would be five or six locations in position on the Division.   The vaste majority of people we spoke to where law abiding citizens going home but on most nights we turned up a couple of good ones.  We always had a traffic car positioned half a mile before the check to sort out any vehicle doing a U Turn.   There was never any complaint from the law abiding, in fact they thanked us for doing our job.

Tell me what has changed?

Respect . Has changed . 

16 hours ago, Farmboy91 said:

I got pulled once because I was driving a black astra, I know that was the reason cause he heard him say it down he's radio when the checked the reg.

It was about 3 in the morning and I was only a mile from home, I passed him on the main road while he was approaching a junction couple miles back and he didn't pull out straight away, I was doing 60 so he must have driven like hell to catch me.

There was obviously some issue with a black astra in the area or was that unfair profiling? Should I have made a big fuss about it?

i believe that Astra's were the easiest cars to steal and therefore were often used in crime so it isn't a surprise you got pulled at that time of the morning for a check.  I think that was the profile being used.

I heard a presenter on Loose Women who was absolutely livid that her son had been stopped by Police. It turned out that the police were actively looking for someone - a black lad wearing a hoody who had committed a crime - her son was black and wearing a hoody - but she viewed it as proof of institutional racism in the police?????

Just now, discobob said:

I heard a presenter on Loose Women who was absolutely livid that her son had been stopped by Police. It turned out that the police were actively looking for someone - a black lad wearing a hoody who had committed a crime - her son was black and wearing a hoody - but she viewed it as proof of institutional racism in the police?????

You watch Loose Women?

59 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

I go back a long way, probably well before most of you where born and when the law abiding pub;lic appreciated our efforts to lock the criminals up  At least once a week when on nights we would coordinate a stop check in areas and on roads we believed to be used by the criminal fraternity. This would be at one oclock in the morning for about an hour and there would be five or six locations in position on the Division.   The vaste majority of people we spoke to where law abiding citizens going home but on most nights we turned up a couple of good ones.  We always had a traffic car positioned half a mile before the check to sort out any vehicle doing a U Turn.   There was never any complaint from the law abiding, in fact they thanked us for doing our job.

B725 has it in one.

To be honest more than anything it was 3 in the morning and I was tired, I don't begrudge them doing their job for a moment.

The village i live in is a fairly small community, I know most of the faces even if it's just to say hello too but of late, especially around the time of the lockdown things have changed.

Drugs are coming in from the small town a few miles down the road. They are being used in the local park. I don't have Facebook myself but I understand it's being widely talked about on there. As I'm sure any of you from a small village know word spreads fast so I know the police have been informed, but where are they? This is going on in broad daylight? 

But, I'm willing to bet if someone reported me with a gun or getting the gun out of the boot at a perm they'd be here in a flash. 

21 minutes ago, Mickeydredd said:

i believe that Astra's were the easiest cars to steal and therefore were often used in crime so it isn't a surprise you got pulled at that time of the morning for a check.  I think that was the profile being used.

I'm only talking 10 years or so ago.

3 hours ago, Rim Fire said:

After looking at the phone footage i wouldn't want to get out either that one officer was looking for an excuse to use his  baton  

Looked to me like he was considering breaking the window with it, the cop looked to calm down when the guy came out of the car.

I am white middle aged, i have been stopped by the police more times than i can remember, once i was stopped 4 times in one week, driving a van around the country, down country lanes or housing estates very early in the morning or late at night tends to make you stand out, every time i was stopped, i was polite  i complied with what they were asking me to do , and the situation was resolved in minutes.
The last time i was stopped was in whyteleaf at 2am on a weekday, they noticed i was driving slowley, and asked if i had been drinking, i explained i had just finished work and i had a kebab on the seat next to me i was trying to eat, i explained what i had been doing and they laughed and let me go, if they had searched me first they would have found £30,000 in cash stuffed into that large jacket i was wearing.
Some police officers do have a bit of an ego, but the majority are just doing a job, they are hyped up when they stop you expecting the worst, if you want to be a fool and start being clever or argue then it's going to be a while before you are on your way, be helpful, be polite, and you all go away feeling good.

The problem with events like this, is we get to judge everyone's actions with hindsight, it's not so easy when all you have is the intel at the time and split seconds to think. 

Does anyone on here actually believe those police officers thought to themselves, I'm going to just assume they're criminals because of the colour of their skin? Anyone that believes that I fimd ridiculous.

Same with some of the high profile police shootings of ethnic minorities in the UK, does anyone actually believe that the officers pulling the trigger had anything to do with their colour?

The rioting that started off after the shooting of Mark Dugan for instance, I believe it's paranoia being driven by the constant highlighting of colour and racism that doesn't exist by government and its institutions and if it carrys on as it is, it will become a self fulfilling prophecy as it is putting a dividing wedge between people, I find the whole situation ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

I am white middle aged, i have been stopped by the police more times than i can remember, once i was stopped 4 times in one week, driving a van around the country, down country lanes or housing estates very early in the morning or late at night tends to make you stand out, every time i was stopped, i was polite  i complied with what they were asking me to do , and the situation was resolved in minutes.
The last time i was stopped was in whyteleaf at 2am on a weekday, they noticed i was driving slowley, and asked if i had been drinking, i explained i had just finished work and i had a kebab on the seat next to me i was trying to eat, i explained what i had been doing and they laughed and let me go, if they had searched first me they would have found £30,000 in cash stuffed into that large jacket i was wearing.
Some police officers do have a bit of an ego, but the majority are just doing a job, they are hyped up when they stop you expecting the worst, if you want to be a fool and start being clever or argue then it's going to be a while before you are on your way, be helpful, be polite, and you all go away feeling good.

This reminds me,

There's a small farm pretty much in the centre of the village, it was broken into 3 times in 2 weeks, a white transit van had been seen in the area, at night on each occasion. Obviously this might just be a coincidence but then again it might not. 

The police were informed and their solution was to place a marked car outside the village hall in daylight hours? 

I appreciate they are probably stretched pretty thin and idiots ignoring lockdown probably didn't help but what a waste of resources?

You only have to watch programmes such as ‘Police Interceptors’ to see the scum the police have to deal with. No wonder they are hyped up and a bit sharp when they stop you.

I have only been stopped once for a ‘routine’ check in54 years driving, coming home from work at 11 pm travelling slowly in a Morris Minor Traveller.

2 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

This reminds me,

There's a small farm pretty much in the centre of the village, it was broken into 3 times in 2 weeks, a white transit van had been seen in the area, at night on each occasion. Obviously this might just be a coincidence but then again it might not. 

The police were informed and their solution was to place a marked car outside the village hall in daylight hours? 

I appreciate they are probably stretched pretty thin and idiots ignoring lockdown probably didn't help but what a waste of resources?

The problem is manpower, placing a vehicle somewhere in the evening on the off chance is taking a vehicle away that would be responding to dozens of calls an evening.
They have to prioritise.

2 hours ago, Walker570 said:

I'm often disappointed I'm not pulled up, I keep some strange hours working the shifts I do, given all the talk about county lines and drugs moving around,  I often go past police and nothing happens,  so they either target known cars, or act on obvious wrongs, like someone driving on the wrong side of the road,  whole those doing nothing wrong go about there business. 

As for why the girl was filming its obvious,  he was in the wrong and saw the police,  so said to her start filming. 

I'm another that would like to see the car footage,  then it might be obvious why they were pulled over, did they speed off? Why not just pull over?

4 minutes ago, Mice! said:

I'm often disappointed I'm not pulled up, I keep some strange hours working the shifts I do, given all the talk about county lines and drugs moving around,  I often go past police and nothing happens,  so they either target known cars, or act on obvious wrongs, like someone driving on the wrong side of the road,  whole those doing nothing wrong go about there business. 

As for why the girl was filming its obvious,  he was in the wrong and saw the police,  so said to her start filming. 

I'm another that would like to see the car footage,  then it might be obvious why they were pulled over, did they speed off? Why not just pull over?

According to the met, the car was driving erratically or on the wrong side of the road. For me, the fact the met have said the officers were correct in what they did in this climate says to me that they did nothing wrong, usually the slightest complaint, particularly when race is involved and they'd have referred it to the complaints commission.

5 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

According to the met, the car was driving erratically or on the wrong side of the road. For me, the fact the met have said the officers were correct in what they did in this climate says to me that they did nothing wrong, usually the slightest complaint, particularly when race is involved and they'd have referred it to the complaints commission.

Which they have now done. 

3 hours ago, Rim Fire said:

After looking at the phone footage i wouldn't want to get out either that one officer was looking for an excuse to use his  baton  

don't get stopped in America then 

2 hours ago, Walker570 said:

mobile phones for one thing

16 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

the slightest complaint, particularly when race is involved and they'd have referred it to the complaints commission.

If everybody complains every time they are stopped it floods the system with paperwork, its a tactic and it will be effective over time 

Edited by Vince Green

2 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

If everybody complains every time they are stopped it floods the system, its a tactic

This /\

There was another issue a few months ago (can't now remember the details, but was a "stop and search" type complaint), but someone interviewed (local councillor or similar?) on the radio actually said - if everyone complains formally about every time they are stopped - then the system will get swamped and they will have to cease stopping people.

It didn't make sense then and it doesn't make sense now - but there are those out there who are determined to stop the system - regardless if it results in a rise in real offences.

12 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

If everybody complains every time they are stopped it floods the system with paperwork, its a tactic and it will be effective over time 

That’s why I said earlier are they deliberately baiting and filming the police in the hope they will get the desired reaction, get enough footage posted on social media and enough complaints filed and some police officers will think twice before pulling anyone who is black.