More Racial Profiling Accusations

Danger-Mouse

Back in the day I drove a black 1.8 Astra GTE with the word CHEETAH plastered across both doors on either side ! Never once got stopped which I’m afraid is due to positive discrimination. My kind are seen as studious hard workers ! I believe there definitely is a problem with black people in cars and the police are simply going to have to adjust. 

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, welsh1 said:

So you are unhappy they put a visible presence there when they could, it seems they can't win.

Don't get me wrong I'm not a criminal mastermind but a police car parked up during the day wouldn't put me off doing whatever it was I was doing at night?

I don't know, maybe the criminal mind works differently to the rest of us.

6 minutes ago, Hamster said:

Back in the day I drove a black 1.8 Astra GTE with the word CHEETAH plastered across both doors on either side ! Never once got stopped which I’m afraid is due to positive discrimination. My kind are seen as studious hard workers ! I believe there definitely is a problem with black people in cars and the police are simply going to have to adjust. 

I've been stopped plenty of times for all sorts of things. On foot and in a car.  Even in an unmarked police car.  at least 5 times that happened and more than once on London Bridge going into the city. Never once have I refused to cooperate and every time I was on my way in minutes. Never felt the urge to film them on my phone and shout or challenge what they were doing. All were polite. A couple surprised it was a police car, some more surprised I was a police officer. 

Police don't stop people for a laugh, they do it for a reason, there's not enough time in the day to play games these days. 

22 minutes ago, Hamster said:

You simply weren’t driving it how Vauxhall intended, maybe you should have purchased the 1.1L 😂

25 minutes ago, Hamster said:

I believe there definitely is a problem with black people in cars

I think you will find that the 'in cars' would be questionable.  I have also seem complaints that black people are more likely to be stopped walking down the street.

27 minutes ago, Hamster said:

the police are simply going to have to adjust.

The police stop people because they have a reason.  If you look at the figures (official Gov.uk site) here https://www.ethnicity-facts-figures.service.gov.uk/crime-justice-and-the-law/policing/number-of-arrests/latest it shows the arrests.  Police can only arrest when there are reasonable grounds. 

I'm not going to go through all of the figures - but draw your own conclusions.

I used to get pulled over all the time, probably because I was white trash in what was a road legal rally car. I didn't mind because I was totally legal and I'd done nothing wrong. 
 I soon learned that if you stand out on any battlefield then you will be shot at, so I changed my ways. I'm still white trash but now I drive high class Northern European cars that are legal. And I'm still happy to see a proactive police force. You can't please them all all of the time.

2 hours ago, GingerCat said:

I've been stopped plenty of times for all sorts of things. On foot and in a car.  Even in an unmarked police car.  at least 5 times that happened and more than once on London Bridge going into the city. Never once have I refused to cooperate and every time I was on my way in minutes. Never felt the urge to film them on my phone and shout or challenge what they were doing. All were polite. A couple surprised it was a police car, some more surprised I was a police officer. 

Police don't stop people for a laugh, they do it for a reason, there's not enough time in the day to play games these days. 

Until you acknowledge there is a problem you will not solve it. Denial is the easiest thing. 

Well done Ms ****-you have well and truly failed to back to your officers on this one-even after your internal complaints have reviewed it twice and found no wrong doing.

So sit back and enjoy the aftermath of MET officers declining to exercise the powers of stop  and search-why should they bother and after all they can't be forced to do it. After all most won't work any where near the areas they police so if knive, drug and violent crimes rises-why should they care?

She really has 'taken a 'liberal knee' and apologised for the inconvenience of being stopped by Police.

Talk about pandering to these people instead of having backbone to stand up for the officers-the very same officers you will tasking to police more BLM demo's, pop up disorder and the next terrorist attack.

I would imagine many MET officers will be looking to give her the two fingered salute after this.

f.

Edited by Fuddster

2 minutes ago, Fuddster said:

Well done Ms ****-you have well and truly failed to back to your officers on this one-even after your internal complaints have reviewed it twice and found no wrong doing.

So sit back and enjoy the aftermath of MET officers declining to exercise the powers of stop  and search-why should they bother and after all they can't be forced to do it. After all most won't work any where near the areas they police so if knive, drug and violent crimes rises-why should they care?

She really has 'taken a 'liberal knee' and apologised for the inconvenience of being stopped by Police.

Talk about pandering to these people instead of having backbone to stand up for the officers-the very same officers you will tasking to police more BLM demo's, pop up disorder and the next terrorist attack.

I would imagine many MET officers will be looking to give her the two fingered salute after this.

f.

This sums it up in my opinion 👍

5 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

The CCTV in the above post doesn't look great for the police. Their vehicle is further over than the sprinters' car. 

Yes. I've seen it too. From my eyes the driver of the lead car is taking perfectly sensible precautions giving a wide berth to the cars park on his passenger side.

The stop BTW was done on Lanhill Road. 

31 minutes ago, Hamster said:

Until you acknowledge there is a problem you will not solve it. Denial is the easiest thing. 

The problem is all these people who are claiming this country has a problem with racism that doesn't actually exist.

It is causing paranoia and driving a wedge based on people's colour, which is the exact opposite of what these idiots are supposed to be against, it is literally utter madness.

25 minutes ago, harrycatcat1 said:

This sums it up in my opinion 👍

Spot on, the unfortunate victims in this are going to be the bame communities that the police are going to end up being afraid to police, criminals will then be able to operate with impunity. the same idiots will then claim institutional racism due to high crime rates, causing the police to withdraw even further due to not wanting to implement stop and search ect, causing even more claims of institutional racism, add infinitum.

Surely if the driver and passenger windows were heavily tinted to prevent the occupants being seen by the police officers that alone is enough for the vehicle to be stopped in contravention of Construction & Use regulations.  IIRC there's a darkness level of tint that is illegal to be applied to the front door windows or the windscreen. 

1 hour ago, Fuddster said:

f.

One has to wonder if she's siding with Khan while undermining the potential for Boris to recruit more officers. The only officers likely to enter the force would likely be lefty's - which might explain why so many have already taken to the knee.

8 minutes ago, johnphilip said:

Was he a witness to this traffic  incident???

I believe that drug cheat, Linford Christie OBE, banned for life by the British Olympic Association, is the coach of the two athletes. 

40 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

The problem is all these people who are claiming this country has a problem with racism that doesn't actually exist.

It is causing paranoia and driving a wedge based on people's colour, which is the exact opposite of what these idiots are supposed to be against, it is literally utter madness.

That doesn’t actually exist ? How can you be so sure, I’m afraid I find it easier to believe the tens of thousands of black peoples accounts of what actually exists than the 99% white people’s versions of what they think exists on a forum ! 

Don’t know if there are facts and figures out there but the Asian community do not seem to suffer the same problems that black people say they do, Asians seem to-do well in the jobs market and business.

21 minutes ago, Hamster said:

That doesn’t actually exist ? How can you be so sure, I’m afraid I find it easier to believe the tens of thousands of black peoples accounts of what actually exists than the 99% white people’s versions of what they think exists on a forum ! 

that’s what’s good about video and cctv now i seen the footage people can deny their watching a classic drugs marker stop all they like but it won’t change what they are seeing 

2 minutes ago, Hamster said:

Knife crime tends to be more prevalent in large cities, particularly in London.

For every 100,000 people in the capital, there were 169 knife offences in 2018-19.

In 2018, figures from the mayor's office showed that young black and minority ethnic teenage boys and men were disproportionately affected, as both victims and perpetrators.

The number of knife-related homicides went from 272 in 2007 to 186 in 2015. Since then it's risen every year, with a steep increase in 2017-18, when there were 285 killings, the highest figure since 1946.

One in four victims were men aged 18-24.

The figures also show 25% of victims were black - the highest proportion since data was first collected in 1997.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42749089

What's the betting that if the police back off and we see another rise in attacks and deaths that someone will be out there complaining that the police aren't doing anything to save BAME lives and that the government doesn't care about the BAME communities?

7 minutes ago, Mr_Nobody said:

What's the betting that if the police back off and we see another rise in attacks and deaths that someone will be out there complaining that the police aren't doing anything to save BAME lives and that the government doesn't care about the BAME communities?

Rightly so.