Bubonic plague / China

Danger-Mouse

4 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

Yup. Reputation before reality, once again. People are far more ready to believe the panic stations message than the one that says 'calm down!' Just wait until we get into the world of viruses being used to cure bacterial illness (not that far away, I don't think, judging by the research). I can't wait to see the anti-vaxxers going into meltdown over that!

0a-volcano.png

Yup, it's like this one. In actual fact Yellowstone's volcano has actually had quite  a quiet month by it's regular standards.

34 minutes ago, islandgun said:

A question 7days   Has there ever been a case of mixy in humans, also what about bird or swine flu can these make the leap to humans ?

As far as I am aware Myxamatosis, (Myxoama virus) rarely results in a Zootonic (animal to human transmission) spread however, if a myxoma virus successful in a transmission to a human it does not appear to be able to infect human cells which viruses have to do in order to replicate, succesful viruses basically biohack a specific part of our DNA in order to make copies of themselves. So thankfully no. Myxomatosis it is a bloomin dreadful disease. Had to have a quick read up on it, seem that there is a good bit of research int some of the myxoma virus proteins that may be able to be synthetically replicated which have some beneficial attributes in immunology in relation to certain conditions.

As for Swine flu and avian flu these can make the "leap" to humans and are "zootonic" there are many strains of avian and swine flu and fortunately most  appear not particularly "virulent". Some forms can be a worry, the H1N1 swine flu pandemic back in 09 had a worldwide mortality rate of around half a million deaths. Our immune system is very, very good at dealing with a whole host of invading pathogens.

There are a fair few zootonic infection that occur on an everyday basis, I see a lot of ringworm infections (Tinea Corporis) and these can be from dog/cat to human. A significant amount of infections are on the inner arms from "cuddling the dog or moggy" and a short course of topical antifungal such as Terbinafine clears it up. 

atb

7diaw

1 hour ago, 7daysinaweek said:

As far as I am aware Myxamatosis, (Myxoama virus) rarely results in a Zootonic (animal to human transmission) spread however, if a myxoma virus successful in a transmission to a human it does not appear to be able to infect human cells which viruses have to do in order to replicate, succesful viruses basically biohack a specific part of our DNA in order to make copies of themselves. So thankfully no. Myxomatosis it is a bloomin dreadful disease. Had to have a quick read up on it, seem that there is a good bit of research int some of the myxoma virus proteins that may be able to be synthetically replicated which have some beneficial attributes in immunology in relation to certain conditions.

As for Swine flu and avian flu these can make the "leap" to humans and are "zootonic" there are many strains of avian and swine flu and fortunately most  appear not particularly "virulent". Some forms can be a worry, the H1N1 swine flu pandemic back in 09 had a worldwide mortality rate of around half a million deaths. Our immune system is very, very good at dealing with a whole host of invading pathogens.

There are a fair few zootonic infection that occur on an everyday basis, I see a lot of ringworm infections (Tinea Corporis) and these can be from dog/cat to human. A significant amount of infections are on the inner arms from "cuddling the dog or moggy" and a short course of topical antifungal such as Terbinafine clears it up. 

atb

7diaw

Thanks for your excellent reply, the rabbits are on the increase so they might be back on the menu, I assume they are studying the rabbits they have immunity to mixy, it would be good to think that something useful came from it

13 minutes ago, islandgun said:

Thanks for your excellent reply, the rabbits are on the increase so they might be back on the menu, I assume they are studying the rabbits they have immunity to mixy, it would be good to think that something useful came from it

I don’t think rabbits can become immune to mixy, I read somewhere that mixy is a bit like the common cold in us, the next one you get is still a cold but as mutated slightly to get past your immune system.

1 hour ago, 7daysinaweek said:

I caught ringworm off some calves recently and a little tube of canestan did the trick. Not sure where the pessary needed to go but as the ring worm was on my head I stuck it up my nose 😉

7 hours ago, Benthejockey said:

I caught ringworm off some calves recently and a little tube of canestan did the trick. Not sure where the pessary needed to go but as the ring worm was on my head I stuck it up my nose 😉

Canesten (Clotrimazole) should do the job!

No risk of a nasal fungal infection then. :lol:

Bubonic plague is easily cured/treated now so im not worrried.......

been around for years in old china

On 07/07/2020 at 11:10, Mr_Nobody said:

0a-volcano.png

Yup, it's like this one. In actual fact Yellowstone's volcano has actually had quite  a quiet month by it's regular standards.

yellowstone is not a volcano.............it is a 

coldara.....

Edited by ditchman