EE mobile network-anoyne using it?

ratchers

Used them forever, they were 1 to 1 , Tmobile then EE .
Any issues were resolved very quickly , they have the biggest coverage, the fastest 4G speeds, and will likely have the best 5G eventually.

But you must make sure the area you live in has that 'good' coverage, especially if you live in a rural/hilly area.
Use the distance selling protection, if it doesnt work for you, send it back with no penalty.

Last two deals i have had were through mobiles.co.uk or mobile phones direct.

Plusnet keep sending me offers and 10gb plus unlimited calls\texts for £10 a month is decent but I prefer O2 so no experience with them but as with all piggy backing firms, I wouldn't have thought any difference with main network owner as other than billing, it is all network owners kit.

I was with Sky and the BB dropped out every couple of days and sometimes as much as 3 times a day so I went to EE. From the start EE was dropping out 20-30 times a day and they could see it.

They sent an engineer five times and each time was told 'no fault found'. they checked right from the house to the exchange, including changing router channels as there might be too many people on the same channel. At 5am I don't think so. I even used a monitor to change to channels I could see were unoccupied.

After the fifth engineer started back at the box on my wall I knew we were going round in circles so I got in touch with BT. They said they would pay if I got charged for early termination with EE so I did that. EE charged me and BT picked up the bill.

Since then the only time BB has dropped out is for a few seconds if there's a storm nearby. Other than that it is solid.

Now, I'm obviously not saying that there's any collusion but when BT bought EE they had to assure the Monopolies and Mergers Commission that they would keep the two businesses seperate. Of course, if I chose to change then that is down to me and not BT.

As we all know, OpenReach, providing the line, is BT as well.

I'm only saying that it does make me wonder that once I'd changed to BT then, all of a sudden, my BB is stable.

I also used to be on EE mobile and their coverage was very patchy so now I've been on Tesco Mobile, which is O2, for quite a while without a problem.

Can't speak for Plusnet but I'm not a fan of EE.

I have maintained my own mobile with Orange/EE for a long time and have always found it to be a good service.  There are coverage blackspots as with any mobile vendor and while I have had my own EE phone i have also had work mobiles on Vodafone and O2 over the years and they all suffer from the same thing.

In my experience the data performance with EE is predominently the best, there are technical reasons for that in that they bond 4G channels to give a greater data throughput.  When T-Mobile and Orange combined to become EE there had also been a huge amount of investment in their networks relative to the other providers.

The only drawback I have found with that is if in a really busy area the performance can actually drop off.  I used to notice it when at Waverley train station in Edinburgh at peak travel time, my own EE phone would have slow data speeds, but the works O2 one would be better, both had full signal strength.  If I was waiting at Haymarket station a mile or so away there was no difference.

I have noticed the same thing elsewhere, but only in areas where there is an awful lot of people together.

I am with BT who use the EE infrastructure for mobile.  As far as I can tell, works very well, good coverage and I've had no problems.  As has been said above - key for many people including me is how good they are locally - i.e. where you are most likely to be. 

EE are pretty good for me (though no network I know of is 100% inside an old thick walled house with foil clad insulation in some parts) - and have also been good where I regularly travel (in the UK).

For the BT detractors, I have been content with BT and had good service in recent times.  The days of overseas call centres seem to be over as you get a UK centre now who seem quite switched on.

1 hour ago, Yellow Bear said:

Sadly not with broadband -- still Indian call centres

Interesting as I have recently had contact and it was UK and it is claimed they are now (2020) in the UK

https://contact-centres.com/bt-answers-100-of-calls-with-uk-based-contact-centres/

https://newsroom.bt.com/bt-completes-100-onshoring-of-customer-service-calls-to-the-uk-and-ireland-to-deliver-personal-and-local-customer-service/

I have to say my recent experience with them (May 2020) was very good, but it was mainly a renewal issue where I wanted to tailor the package (which includes land line, mobile and broadband) to better suit my individual needs (and reduce costs).

18 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Interesting as I have recently had contact and it was UK and it is claimed they are now (2020) in the UK

https://contact-centres.com/bt-answers-100-of-calls-with-uk-based-contact-centres/

https://newsroom.bt.com/bt-completes-100-onshoring-of-customer-service-calls-to-the-uk-and-ireland-to-deliver-personal-and-local-customer-service/

I have to say my recent experience with them (May 2020) was very good, but it was mainly a renewal issue where I wanted to tailor the package (which includes land line, mobile and broadband) to better suit my individual needs (and reduce costs).

This may be the case now but my last contact was December - contact first in UK then transferred to India where the service went rapidly down hill.

14 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

This may be the case now but my last contact was December - contact first in UK then transferred to India where the service went rapidly down hill.

That makes sense as the above seems to have come in from early 2020.  I have also had bad experiences in the past with the India call centre.

Been with EE since 1995/6, in whatever guise they were back then, and have never had one issue. Now got their broadband/mobile/landline package, still no problems. Very happy with their service 👍

I was a Vodafone customer for 22 years, hit major issues over their new Oracle based billing system which Voda couldn't fix - Ombudsman involved and compensation received.

Switched to EE whose Customer Service was an absolute breath of fresh air, fabulous.    All good?   Well...reception on my mobile (SIM only contract - I buy phones outright) at home became poor and the previously competitive pricing suddenly increased - suddenly not good value.

Switch back to Voda on a 30 day contract with a new Email address and therefore completely new account - has been perfect, can even take advantage of 5G where available.  Voda seemed to have bought all their Customer Services functions back to the UK and thus the service is much improved, not a lot not to like.

As our US friends say - your mileage may vary.

1 minute ago, oowee said:

Whatever deal you get ring up and get a better one. 

Yeah, that's so true.  Mobile companies are able to calculate how much advertising spend is required to win just 1 new client (it's a huge amount of money) so find it easy to justify 'throwing money' at customers thinking of leaving.