. 410 semi - auto

The Heron

If you find one tell me and I will beat you to the counter:yes:  Had an American friend come over back in the 80s and he brought a Remmy 1100 in 410, he had to tear it from my grip. Super little gun.  The only suggestion I can make is to choose the longest barrel length as my experience is that 410s shoot better out of a long barrel, not sure why, but maybe because the extra weight upfront helps the swing and less likelyhood of a poke.

I have a remington 11-48 in 410, its a lovely little gun but is fussy with carts,  19g fiocchi's work the best, one day I'll get a 1100 to match it when one comes up in the right condition. 

I shoot mainly small gauges and when armsan brought out the semi in 410 the local gun shop asked me to take one out and test it for them (Good friend owns it) I tried it with an array of carts and it was hopeless, didn't cycle any, pulled most of the primers out and bent/split the end of the shell! It went back to the shop with a damming report and was later recalled back to armsan never to be seen again!! 

Tedly

Edited by Tedly47

Hi avid 410 shooter here have a few different 410s for different jobs about the place but u rely can't beet them fiocchi, carts even my 3 shot bolt action is fussy when it comes to 3"it only pulls out the fiocchi and lsaves all the ely in th barrel whitch is a right pain in the ****. Anyway noticed u were looking for a 1100 iv got a good clean one here has abs black plastic and the original wood  cracking gun my mat had it off his dad who needed space in his cab and then my mate needed space in his so I had it basically becuase I liked how clean it was. To be honest I'm thinkin its been cleaned more times than it's been shot iv had it about 12 months  probly put 100 through it. If ur intrested message me and il get online n see how old it is and get u some pics

11 hours ago, Ozz said:

Hi avid 410 shooter here have a few different 410s for different jobs about the place but u rely can't beet them fiocchi, carts even my 3 shot bolt action is fussy when it comes to 3"it only pulls out the fiocchi and lsaves all the ely in th barrel whitch is a right pain in the ****. Anyway noticed u were looking for a 1100 iv got a good clean one here has abs black plastic and the original wood  cracking gun my mat had it off his dad who needed space in his cab and then my mate needed space in his so I had it basically becuase I liked how clean it was. To be honest I'm thinkin its been cleaned more times than it's been shot iv had it about 12 months  probly put 100 through it. If ur intrested message me and il get online n see how old it is and get u some pics

Can you pm me with how much you would want

Cheers

I was thinking of an Armsan .410 semi as a vermin gun. After reading this I might go for a Remington. 

After doing a bit of research online (ie Googling .410 semi - autos) I discovered that Mossberg are now making a .410 auto. 

Edited by Shadowchaser
ETA

Hi I have a Remington 1100 410 it’s  a 28” multi choke with 3” chamber it’s a great gun I’ve refinished the stock and forend on it as I hated the high gloss lacur they used on them underneath is a fairly nice peace of American walnut. They are fussy on ammo and the only ammo it likes is 3” Fiocchi it cycles these perfectly I’ve used on rats and pigeons so far but not on clay’s yet.

Good to read. 

I have a .410 pump - action for ratting, but have had an idea to add a semi-auto to the mix for a while now. Would also use for clays now and then. 

Mossberg are pretty reliable but being a new gun there isn't enough info out there regarding how it performs. 

I'm sure Beretta did a .410 semi-auto or were thinking of doing one. 

On 07/07/2020 at 14:36, Scully said:

I wasnt aware they were so rare; reminds me of a good old boy who used to outshine nearly everyone on our clay ground with his 1100 .410. 

Was that the same bloke who shot at Shap Wells?  And I was told that he had a Lambo in the barn.

8 hours ago, BlaserF3 said:

Was that the same bloke who shot at Shap Wells?  And I was told that he had a Lambo in the barn.

It was indeed! He had two sons who always came with him, both with 1100’s but in 12 bore. 
Never heard about the Lambo though. 
I loved that little shoot! Happy days. 🙂

• 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...
On 08/07/2020 at 20:30, Ozz said:

Hi ozzie could you send me some photos and how much it is thanks