Wild boar prep

bluesj

I've been asked to deal with a wild boar (think its more of a ****** off pig) for someone. So i was wondering what is the best way of cleaning the carcass, I know some use a blow torch and scrapper even heard of someone using a steam cleaner  or skinning the same as any thing else, what do you good people of PW recommend?  

Just skin it (or better still get someone else to do it!!)

Depending in the size and how much fat is on it it can be surprisingly easy compared to deer.

Last one I shot was 20 stone and I didn't fancy dealing with that especially after trying to get it into the truck!

Edd

Yes, just skin it. All of those we shot out in Texas we just skinned and the same for those we took in to the local processor they just had the skin off.

The ones I shot in Slovenia got whisked off within the hour to Italy for processing so didn't see the way they did it.

Wild boar backstraps roasted, take some beating. Pull up the Barbecue Pit Boys on youtube and I am sure they will have a recipe to suit.

011.JPG

012.JPG

19 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Yes, just skin it. All of those we shot out in Texas we just skinned and the same for those we took in to the local processor they just had the skin off.

The ones I shot in Slovenia got whisked off within the hour to Italy for processing so didn't see the way they did it.

Wild boar backstraps roasted, take some beating. Pull up the Barbecue Pit Boys on youtube and I am sure they will have a recipe to suit.

011.JPG

012.JPG

Looks very happy considering it has just been shot!

Just got to  catch up with the little ****** now, it has been seen around the yard every morning until the morning i turn up at sparrows ****! I did say the the girl that has ask for it to go that it may have smelt the bacon rolls she turned up with at half 4 Monday 😁 

• 2 weeks later...