Sellier & Bellot bullets

Hi,

Does any one have any experience with the above bullets? I can not source my usual 100gn .243 bullets locally (Hornady) but have been offered these as an alternative in the same weight.I don't reload and usually only use about 30/40  a year so happy enough to buy factory rounds.

One of the reasons I ask is that years ago I used Sellier &  Bellot shotgun shells and they were not great but presume things must have changed by now.The other factor is that they come in boxes of 50 which if they don't suit my rifle will be a waste. I tried a box of Federal and it was producing awful grouping but Hornady and Winchester group well.Both are proving difficult to source at the minute.

Thanks 

Sorry I don't have any 6mm bullets to spare or I would help you out.   IF you can source some then try the Barnes TTSX all copper with a plastic tip.  I now shoot them in three calibres and they perform exceptionally well.  They are devastating in my 22 BR so I would assume they would perform well in a 243Win.

Walker 570, he doesn't reload.

I once arrived in Scotland without ammo which is the sort of thing I do.

Scrounged some S & B .270, 150g I think which grouped into a a lid of a coffee jar at 100 y.

Not great but was woodland stalking and a 100y shot about as far as it gets.

Did 4 Reds anyway, no issues.

I have been using Barnaul .308 ammo from HPS. Its only £38 per hundred but it holds about 4" at 200 yds and thats good enough for what I use it for. Yes it could be better 

The question is what is the definition of good?

Edited by Vince Green