If I Ever Win The Lottery . . .

Danger-Mouse

1 hour ago, oowee said:

Now that is something I would love to own (a working one of course). There is something about owning a piece of history. Mate of mine has an old Purdy it came with the original buyers details and a list of the work done to it where and when. It's traveled across europe. OK as a shotgun but so much more with the history. 

I used to dream as a kid of owning a ruger black hawk pistol ever since I saw it in G&A 😂

I had similar dreams, also brought on by teenage viewing of G&A, and scored my first ten in the black with a borrowed .44 Ruger Blackhawk Bisley, the owner also had a Ruger Super Blackhawk. 
I owned and shot some nice examples of historical handguns over the years. I was loathe to let them go. 🙁

4 hours ago, scottie2345 said:

Black powder revolvers are fine in this country, just about everyone in our club has at least one

Scottie

Agree with you that’s why I said it would spend most of its time in a gun cabinet out of view, you could not put it in a glass display cabinet in the living room for all to see and enjoy, would be better if it was an antique in that respect.

3 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Are we talking about the same animal ?   The one on the butt rnd of the action, is certainly a fox...maybe a coyote.   I am talking the one on the barrel.

The question was "what's the animal above the trigger"...

According to Sotheby's description of the lot the one on the barrel is a Leopard.