drying coat

mgsontour

My wife was training a young Weimaraner bitch in the snow and bitter wind on the moors a decade ago. The bitch always suffered “frost bite” to the ear tips etc so would have Vaseline. It was a group session and between turns she had the pup in an equafleece to stay warm. The ex-army instructor blew his lid and demanded it was removed when spectating. I wasn’t there but my wife was upset nonetheless refused to remove it and so left the class.

Fast forward 8 years, I was shooting with the instructor and at the end of the day he put his dogs into equafleeces! Put a flea in his ear about that 🤣

I don’t use fleeces any more due to my own laziness and the thin skinned dog being dead, but I don’t object to other people who do. 

Edited by WalkedUp

I used to use a thick waxed dog jacket from kennel gate.

surprising how warm the spaniel got even when soaked she would be dry under the jacket within 30 minutes, used to leave it on all evening when I got home and take it off just as I went to bed.

a dog that’s used a days energy doesn’t need to use more to keep warm when done, and deserves a little care and thought 

on a shoot I used to go on , the first day all the beaters took the **** when I jacketed my dog, and within two seasons everyone had dog jackets 😂

Edited by Modafinale

We got some aquamat ones from ebay. They seem to do the job, but were massive even though we followed the sizing guide to the letter. I just sewed on an extra strip of velcro, and they fitted well enough. They do dry off quickly with them on though. A lot cheaper that the better known brands. 

I feed after a days shooting they curl up in the dog box on shredded paper all good      a friend uses a blanket type sack type thing you put the dog in and tie round its neck keeps the car clean and dries the dog off looked pretty good  I cant tell you what they are called or who makes them    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Microfibre-Dog-Dry-Bath-Towel-Bag-Quick-Drying-Dog-Bags-Doggy-Cleaning/174259619229?hash=item2892aec59d:g:ZfYAAOSwwH9eAJFC      something like this

6 hours ago, Saltings said:

I feed after a days shooting they curl up in the dog box on shredded paper all good      a friend uses a blanket type sack type thing you put the dog in and tie round its neck keeps the car clean and dries the dog off looked pretty good  I cant tell you what they are called or who makes them    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Microfibre-Dog-Dry-Bath-Towel-Bag-Quick-Drying-Dog-Bags-Doggy-Cleaning/174259619229?hash=item2892aec59d:g:ZfYAAOSwwH9eAJFC      something like this

That's interesting