Trail cam fixing

Walker570

A few days ago someone asked about trail cam fixing.  I mentioned the spike with the threaded end, this is another fixing I use if a handy post/tree is available.

I use one of those heavy duty wood screws which has a hex head, I grind a slot in the head with a thin cutting disc so that the flat piece of metal slots in the and then weld the two together.

I drill a hole to suit the bolt / thread as per camera ..... and fix this with a nut tightened down. I then put a second nut on the bolt and then when the camera is in position that nut can be wound back up and lock it in place. This allows you to position the camera at any angle around the fixing, not just straight ahead.    Simple and works a treat.

002.JPG

really on the sly you are seriously handy..........

my mate is courting a delisous looking bird at the moment.........he stole her off someone else..........who had a lot of money ..good well paid job good looking..........simple reason.............................

cause he went round and fixed her lawnmower .....did a service on her car..and wired her new cooker in.......................SHE WAS SMITTEN :lol:

young folk are seriously missing out not being handy

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

use one of those heavy duty wood screws which has a hex head, I grind a slot in the head with a thin cutting disc so that the flat piece of metal slots in the and then weld the two together.

Just a thought, for those without access to a welder, you could use a Vine Eye and put the bolt through the 'eye' part with a couple of 'penny washers' as spreaders

3 hours ago, Diver One said:

Just a thought, for those without access to a welder, you could use a Vine Eye and put the bolt through the 'eye' part with a couple of 'penny washers' as spreaders

Yep, that would work, OR JB Weld as long as you made the piece of metal wide enough to be able to screw it in without putting tention on the 'weld'

Bound to get a response to that for sure.....

5 hours ago, ditchman said:

really on the sly you are seriously handy..........

my mate is courting a delisous looking bird at the moment.........he stole her off someone else..........who had a lot of money ..good well paid job good looking..........simple reason.............................

cause he went round and fixed her lawnmower .....did a service on her car..and wired her new cooker in.......................SHE WAS SMITTEN 

young folk are seriously missing out not being handy

Haven’t got a clue what happened with mine then 🤣

5 hours ago, Walker570 said:

A few days ago someone asked about trail cam fixing.  I mentioned the spike with the threaded end, this is another fixing I use if a handy post/tree is available.

I use one of those heavy duty wood screws which has a hex head, I grind a slot in the head with a thin cutting disc so that the flat piece of metal slots in the and then weld the two together.

I drill a hole to suit the bolt / thread as per camera ..... and fix this with a nut tightened down. I then put a second nut on the bolt and then when the camera is in position that nut can be wound back up and lock it in place. This allows you to position the camera at any angle around the fixing, not just straight ahead.    Simple and works a treat.

002.JPG

How many cameras have you set out nev ? 

At the moment I have three .... did have five but the two old ones have died, had them a long time.  CamPark are the ones I have at the moment and seem to do the job at a very reasonable price.   I think those screws I use are for putting roofing or cladding on, driven in with an electric drill and socket.  They bite harder and faster than any other screw I have ever used and are not prone to bending like normal wood screws.

5 hours ago, Walker570 said:

At the moment I have three .... did have five but the two old ones have died, had them a long time.  CamPark are the ones I have at the moment and seem to do the job at a very reasonable price.   I think those screws I use are for putting roofing or cladding on, driven in with an electric drill and socket.  They bite harder and faster than any other screw I have ever used and are not prone to bending like normal wood screws.

Ive always screws if you get stuck.