Spare barrels

Mr gen

21 hours ago, BlaserF3 said:

I've never had anything to do with Doctors letters, have you?

Not yet but my renewal comes up in 2 years, so we shall see.  Merseyside is one Force that is Docs Letters or no Certificate. Could prove interesting, unless it becomes Law before then.

My last renewal was quite funny, he came with a piece of paper with some serial numbers typed on it, "this are the guns you own now" I replied no there not, which they were not. I got sorted out eventually but Cumbria have hardly any staff and I agree it could be done over the phone in about ten minutes.

In the last ten years I've been issued with a sec7 twice, my SGC arrived about two months later both times.

• 4 weeks later...

Update on what happened and wow where has the time gone? July 9th when I first posted, seems like a week. so insurance company agreed to pay as it happened in the house they wanted a quote for a new gun and a like for like replacement. New gun £1595.00. like for like, 2 year old ex demo 28" 525 Game £1050.00. I went for the ex demo as I didn't want to push my luck it was  mentioned before the insurance company wanted nothing to do with the broken gun and they didn't so I will be keeping it on my SGC and will be able to use my 30 " Sporter  barrels on the game gun action. I paid £275.00 for the excess. very pleased  

7 hours ago, Mr gen said:

Update on what happened and wow where has the time gone? July 9th when I first posted, seems like a week. so insurance company agreed to pay as it happened in the house they wanted a quote for a new gun and a like for like replacement. New gun £1595.00. like for like, 2 year old ex demo 28" 525 Game £1050.00. I went for the ex demo as I didn't want to push my luck it was  mentioned before the insurance company wanted nothing to do with the broken gun and they didn't so I will be keeping it on my SGC and will be able to use my 30 " Sporter  barrels on the game gun action. I paid £275.00 for the excess. very pleased  

A satisfactory out come then!:good:

yes very I did feel a bit cheeky claiming off the house insurance but was advised to give them a try by an NFU member. and all the worries about having the spare barrels sorted its self out with me keeping the broken gun. the FEO might pick up on the fact that I have five guns in a three gun cabinet but with one being a tiny .410 and the broken one being just the action and barrels they all fit no problem.