European bison

Rob85

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are to be released into a fenced off area of East Blean woods near Herne which is between Canterbury and Herne Bay as part of the 'Wildwoods' Discovery Park.

The media got hold of it and introduced the word 'rewilding' to make it a more 'sensational' story.

Just another species added to the Wildwood Trust portfolio.

Not rewilding at all and no danger to surrounding farmers or the general public, providing the fences hold up.

Having said that, it is quite an educational establishment and attracts many visitors.

OB

2 hours ago, Old Boggy said:

They are to be released into a fenced off area of East Blean woods near Herne which is between Canterbury and Herne Bay as part of the 'Wildwoods' Discovery Park.

The media got hold of it and introduced the word 'rewilding' to make it a more 'sensational' story.

Just another species added to the Wildwood Trust portfolio.

Not rewilding at all and no danger to surrounding farmers or the general public, providing the fences hold up.

Having said that, it is quite an educational establishment and attracts many visitors.

OB

That's some interesting info,,,, cheers for that 😉 I actually drove past there mid afternoon last week, wondered why there were lots of vehicles entering and lots of activity when glancing through the mesh fencing. Looked extremely busy 😊

On 18/07/2020 at 00:57, NoBodyImportant said:

I’m assuming these are smaller then American ones.  Because they are huge and eat acres of grass at a time.  

1929E61D-AA8C-4CC9-A2A4-497CC9168068.jpeg

I always thought they where the size of a cow until one walked in front of my truck american_bison__bison_bison__v3_by_artby

Thanks for sharing that, the size of that head is unbelievable.