Lee loadmaster for .222 .223

I had two of them set up for 44Mag and 300AAC, quick picky to set up and the on-press priming system went in the bin!.  Have a good look on Youtube, there's a load of helpful videos covering setup and tweaking.

The new Auto Breech Lock Pro progressive is a much better design (still don't use the priming system!), runs a lot smoother and so far hasn't needed tweaking at all :)

Edited by phaedra1106

3 hours ago, phaedra1106 said:

I had two of them set up for 44Mag and 300AAC, quick picky to set up and the on-press priming system went in the bin!.  Have a good look on Youtube, there's a load of helpful videos covering setup and tweaking.

The new Auto Breech Lock Pro progressive is a much better design (still don't use the priming system!), runs a lot smoother and so far hasn't needed tweaking at all :)

Yeah thanks I.ve been watching quite a few videos on YouTube about the loadmaster lots of good advise on tweaking it seems a lot of troubles are sorted with a good polishing of bits and bobs

All presses have there faults I.ve never had one yet that run well straight out of the box they all need a tweak here and there

the mec shotgun presses are a bitch to set up correctly but when you do eventually get them sorted they are a pleasure to use 

On 10/07/2020 at 18:38, phaedra1106 said:

The new Auto Breech Lock Pro progressive is a much better design (still don't use the priming system!), runs a lot smoother and so far hasn't needed tweaking at all

I see your point about that priming system on the loadmaster lol 

I pulled my hair out with it yesterday evening I gave up in the end so I primed using my classic cast press and run 50 rounds through it in about 30 minutes once i got the hang of things but it loaded some beautifull.222 rounds which shot great today 

The Loadmaster priming is a challenge. It’s the only weak part of the design but you can do it. I see lots of reloading dudes on YouTube using it including ElvisAmmo so there you go. Good luck with it, but I sold mine after I gave it a good go.....and I’m a tinkerer. I went back to the Lee Pro 1000 for 9mm, 357, 45 etc. I don’t shoot 222/223 but I think the Pro 1000 can handle that calibre. I’ve spoken to many guys about reloading and the truthful ones will admit that Dillon and Lyman and RCBS can be a pain in the *** when priming.

ps lots of Reloader's  prime separately.

Edited by nagantino

On 15/07/2020 at 17:48, nagantino said:

The Loadmaster priming is a challenge. It’s the only weak part of the design but you can do it. I see lots of reloading dudes on YouTube using it including ElvisAmmo so there you go. Good luck with it, but I sold mine after I gave it a good go.....and I’m a tinkerer. I went back to the Lee Pro 1000 for 9mm, 357, 45 etc. I don’t shoot 222/223 but I think the Pro 1000 can handle that calibre. I’ve spoken to many guys about reloading and the truthful ones will admit that Dillon and Lyman and RCBS can be a pain in the *** when priming.

ps lots of Reloader's  prime separately.

I think I.ve got it figured out now I run 200 .222 cases through the load master the other night and it deprimed resized and reprimed each and every case flawlessly without no problems whatsoever

case feed and indexing was spot on as well so all in all quite impressed with the loadmaster so far 

• 2 weeks later...