RIP WOR JACKIE !!

hodge911

9 hours ago, Big Al said:

I've always had a soft spot for Jack, despite his alleged misdemeanours. Great sportsman and the only Irishman to have been  born in, and won a a world cup for, England.😉

He is still greatly loved by Republic of Ireland fans for the joy he brought a nation during dark times. His down to earth and straight talking, unapologetic approach matched perfectly those he led. 

RIP Big Jack.

I Second that Big Al he brought a lot of joy managing Rep of Ireland securing euro championship qualifying and two World Cup tournaments qualifying Also World Cup winner with England and not to mention he was a country man at heart Loved Fishing and Shooting RIP BIG JACK 👍👍👍

Jack Charlton was a top footballer and human being. A far more rounded and down to earth individual than many. Following the demise of Norman Hunter and then Trevor Cherry, it has been a bad year for Leeds fans.

I think I too was at the match referred too earlier. I have been a Leeds fan for longer than most members have been alive and my father in law was a staunch Liverpool fan. We used to go to the matches at Anfield and Elland Road. I stood in the Kop surrounded by at least a dozen Liverpudlians - relations on my wife's side. We used to assemble in a house on Skerries Road - right next to the ground - the home of my father-in-law's sister and family. She is still there, albeit knocking on a bit now. I looked up Skerries Road last week on Google Earth and she is there - in front of her house. 

A former Lord Mayor of York has apologised for 'highly insensitive' comments about the death of World Cup winning footballer Jack Charlton.

Green Party councillor Dave Taylor sparked fury after he posted a comment on Facebook about the Leeds United and England star who died on Friday aged 85.

In a reference to Charlton's enjoyment of shooting, Cllr Taylor wrote: "Jack 'Bloodsports' Charlton is dead. Good."

When someone responded to his comment, suggesting they didn't like cruelty to animals or humans, Clr Taylor posted: "I didn't advocate being cruel to him, I just don't think he should be lauded as some sort of hero. **** him."

He added that he was "sick of the adulation of this animal abuser. Being good at kicking a leather football does not absolve him."

These left wing   ********** haven't been taught that you don't speak ill of the dead

He has managed to rile thousands of Leeds fans and the shooting community

Edited by fern01

11 hours ago, fern01 said:

A former Lord Mayor of York has apologised for 'highly insensitive' comments about the death of World Cup winning footballer Jack Charlton.

Green Party councillor Dave Taylor sparked fury after he posted a comment on Facebook about the Leeds United and England star who died on Friday aged 85.

In a reference to Charlton's enjoyment of shooting, Cllr Taylor wrote: "Jack 'Bloodsports' Charlton is dead. Good."

When someone responded to his comment, suggesting they didn't like cruelty to animals or humans, Clr Taylor posted: "I didn't advocate being cruel to him, I just don't think he should be lauded as some sort of hero. **** him."

He added that he was "sick of the adulation of this animal abuser. Being good at kicking a leather football does not absolve him."

These left wing   ********** haven't been taught that you don't speak ill of the dead

He has managed to rile thousands of Leeds fans and the shooting community

Morons like him should be birched ....

I'm sick to the back teeth of hearing how some muppet can create a storm of abuse by sitting in his little room typing away to get the brain dead morons to jump on the band wagon....😈😈😈😠😠

A few years ago I was out shopping and we passed a  couple of idiots with dreadlocks for hair wearing old holed wooley jumpers 2 sizes too big for him.

with a folding table trying to raise money for some anti organisation.... when we passed he said excuse me can I ask "what do you think of these pictures " showing me pictures of dead fox's , pheasant and deer .

I looked him dead in the eye and replied "it's f##@*~*  brilliant isn't it  you idiot..

He just stud there looking amazed

there's a thread on a FB pigeon shooting page with a composed email for concerned persons to submit a complaint direct to York council-it lists the standards as per their policy that he appears to have breached.

I going to send one in and hopefully it'll be another nail in his career coffin.

little puke.

f.

I was saddened to learn of ''Big Jack's passing early Saturday morning past.

An absolute legend in my eyes and loved by most on this island. An honorary Irish man, who will be remembered for the joy he brought to the Irish nation when he was manager of our national football team. (Italy 90) in particular will live long in the memory of those who lived through it.

A lovable, down to earth character, and I missed the opportunity of meeting him when he was present at the opening of a trout fishery, only a few miles from me back in the early nineties.

A true ''country man'' and a great advocate of country pursuits. 

As already put,not much mention of his passion for country sports, but I made sure of updating my profile picture on FB, with a photo of Jack with his S/S mounted. And also shared videos of (Jack's Game) and the photo of Jack's statue that is located at Cork airport with his rod,salmon and his big smile.

R.I.P. Jack and ''Straight Shooting and Tight Lines''  in the Happy Hunting Grounds.

Genuinely good man gone.  Superlative sportsman on the pitch and in the field. 

Someone ought to tell that green councillor that Jack was a founding member of the Anti Nazi League and staunch supporter of the miners in 84-85.   I wonder if the councillor has ever stuck his neck out for the working man as much as Jack did...

• 5 weeks later...