Trafalgar Square: What a stupid thing to do

JohnfromUK

Surely as already said 

CRIMINAL DAMAGE morons who carried out the OFFENCE whilst being videotaped can not deny it and should be charged by police and also made to pay the costs to put damage right . And should be made an example of and receive the maximum penalty available.....

But I bet nothing happens to them in case god forbid they get offended 

1 minute ago, JohnfromUK said:

It was a bit like Sergeant Wilson; "Would you please kindly step this way - if you don't mind that is"

I walked into the poll tax riots back in the 80s and the police didn't mess around that day, the horse went in and stomped em' then the boys in blue belted 10 bells of smelly stuff out of em !

I am already feeling offended on behalf of the people who are feeling  offended on behalf of these criminals😂

its a criminal act of vandalism in a public place SO going on recent events nothing will happen. They will be patted on the head, crowd funded and given a new house

1 minute ago, CaptC said:

I await to read what happened to the miscreants?

Probably given a vegan meal at the taxpayers expense and driven home in a police car!  Oh, and an apology from Cressida for spoiling their fun.

Edited by JohnfromUK

1 hour ago, cuffy said:

Why was plod just watching ?

Because Cressida **** is a useless woke piece of trash that needs sacking. Along with any other chief constable that tells their force to leave this kind of protester alone rather than risking some kind of escalation of trouble. Time the police stopped bending the knee and did their bloody job.

I notice they didn't have any trouble bringing out the batons and riot shields when the so called far right protesters came to London a few weeks ago.

The Met, and the rest of our police are fast becoming a laughing stock.

Pathetic behaviour.

2 in custody for criminal damage.

Over to the court system if charged.

I doubt if 'Woke' Cressida laid hands on them and nicked them-more likely just a couple of ordinary, bog standard constables-please be sure to look them in the eye when you call them pathetic and remind them to do' their bloody job'.

f.

12 minutes ago, Fuddster said:

2 in custody for criminal damage.

Over to the court system if charged.

I doubt if 'Woke' Cressida laid hands on them and nicked them-more likely just a couple of ordinary, bog standard constables-please be sure to look them in the eye when you call them pathetic and remind them to do' their bloody job'.

f.

Good!

You misunderstand my anger. I don't for the most part blame individual police officers. Rather those at the top who give them their orders.

However, those who chose to take a knee in front of BLM protesters, yes I'll happily tell them they're pathetic. 

The police do not take the job to be popular or to be seen as nice. They are there to do a job and that job is to enforce the law. As I think I have shown in other discussions I will back them to the hilt when I believe they are doing their job. I have always been respectful to the police in the few interactions I have had with them.  I accept they have a difficult job. However it's a job they chose so I expect them to do it.

So in light of that view, blame the generals not the foot soldiers. There's never a boss looking over the officers shoulders saying do this or dont do that-its down to one bloke or lass-often on their lonesome.

Anyone who signs on the dotted line to accept a warrant number knows whats they are getting paid for. Sadly, I think society is getting the police service they unwittingly desire-autonomous, detached and on the whole a very short term career-more of a 'ticky box' rather than a 30 year vocation. 

As for taking the knee-no way should politics, never mind race related politics ever come into policing-impartiality being the key word-that said CD took both knees to bow down and apologise for a recent stop and search-in doing so she has undermined front line policing in London and her officers will not take this kindly.

As a final point, there was a time when the Police,on the whole, were allowed to  be seen as popular and regarded by some as nice-but you cant please everyone all the time.

always a foot soldier-never made to general.

f.

What do you want the Police to do?

There’s about 50+ protestors and 2-3 coppers on foot? Chase the person around in the water to the Benny Hill music? 

The people came out of the water, the Police walked over and arrested them. 

CPS now needs to prosecute them. I would like to see everyone associated with the stupid act charged the ACTUAL cost of repairing and fully cleaning all that stone. 

Hit them where it hurts, in their pockets / benefit payments or money from mummy and daddy. 

Down with the system they say ... unless you want to cut their benefits! How can they afford to protest if they don’t get free money?!

7 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

What do you want the Police to do?

There’s about 50+ protestors and 2-3 coppers on foot? Chase the person around in the water to the Benny Hill music? 

The people came out of the water, the Police walked over and arrested them. 

CPS now needs to prosecute them. I would like to see everyone associated with the stupid act charged the ACTUAL cost of repairing and fully cleaning all that stone. 

Hit them where it hurts, in their pockets / benefit payments or money from mummy and daddy. 

Down with the system they say ... unless you want to cut their benefits! How can they afford to protest if they don’t get free money?!

👍

On 11/07/2020 at 18:33, derbyduck said:

I walked into the poll tax riots back in the 80s and the police didn't mess around that day, the horse went in and stomped em' then the boys in blue belted 10 bells of smelly stuff out of em !

They had a bloody good go at parliament square with all those nasty country / hunting people ....no Mr Nice guy there , straight out and out beating ..never ever forgiven the police for that and will never trust them again ..

On 11/07/2020 at 17:33, derbyduck said:

Ist poll tax was 31/3/1990-just out of the '80's and a good old riot.

f