Personal best

FOXHUNTER1

Out shooting a flat patch in some wheat yesterday. Shot my personal best 229 birds - 175 woodies & 54 jackdaws for 295 shots. 1st shot 5am last shot 5pm -12 hour session. I was completely knackered,  take my hat off to you guys who shoot regular big bags it's hard work.

20200711_071226_copy_600x1234.jpg

20200711_171037_copy_600x1234.jpg

1 hour ago, bwana said:

Picking that lot from standing wheat would require a great deal of carefull movement.

To set up I was able to walk up a tram line and I only picked the birds which dropped in the flat patch , the birds in the crop remained , I explained this to the farmer and he was happy with that , he was just glad that the birds were shot .

7 minutes ago, ditchman said:

top man...:good:

in all my years of pigeon shooting...i have never shot a ton ....my best was 98......so i can imajine how chuffed you are.....

I have never shot a ton either so was elated , never dreamed of 175 😁

1 hour ago, JDog said:

Very well done. You will be like a Zombie today.

Aching all over ...

38 minutes ago, old'un said:

Well done for braking your record but you would have perhaps shot as many birds in half the time if you had picked the right time of day, 12 hours far to long.

No the birds came all day long none stop in singles and doubles mainly. It never really switched off so if I had just gone in the afternoon I wouldn't have had half as many 👍

Well done FH1 and a great shot to kill ratio. Surprised on the aching we sometimes shoot four to five hundred shalls a day, every day for a week in africa and no aches and pains. In UK when I shoot a large bag if anything aches it will be in my legs from the constant standing and sitting. 

7 hours ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Out shooting a flat patch in some wheat yesterday. Shot my personal best 229 birds - 175 woodies & 54 jackdaws for 295 shots. 1st shot 5am last shot 5pm -12 hour session. I was completely knackered,  take my hat off to you guys who shoot regular big bags it's hard work.

20200711_071226_copy_600x1234.jpg

20200711_171037_copy_600x1234.jpg

Great effort and fantastic bag. Well done 👍

16 hours ago, oowee said:

Well done FH1 and a great shot to kill ratio. Surprised on the aching we sometimes shoot four to five hundred shalls a day, every day for a week in africa and no aches and pains. In UK when I shoot a large bag if anything aches it will be in my legs from the constant standing and sitting. 

Spot on it is my thigh muscles that ache not my shoulder due to crouching for such a long time , still aching a bit today but easing.