Pigeon chest

bigbird

So kind of related!

Anybody any experience of this? Can’t get to see our doctor and the lad has had a growth spurt (he’s 13) and his chest looks really odd.

Ive sent photos to the doc and she says there’s no immediate worry but I have that ‘mummy sense’ going on...

Any guidance greatly appreciated. No history in either family of this, scoliosis or associated genetic syndromes 🤔

Edited by bigbird

3 minutes ago, johnphilip said:

I would get back in touch with your doctors and ask for an appointment  to been seen in person . A proper examination  . As far as I am aware , doctors are seeing people . 

Tell them you need some reassuring  not just an ok over the phone .

She’s going to ring me tomorrow and yes you’re right I’m going to do that - thanks for the reply! I did feel a bit fobbed off to be honest.

Edited by bigbird

21 minutes ago, bigbird said:

She’s going to ring me tomorrow and yes you’re right I’m going to do that - thanks for the reply! I did feel a bit fobbed off to be honest.

Well thats good news, this Covid -19  is nasty  and can understand  how fearfull people . But people are still getting other medical problems that need checking . You can only describe so much over the phone . Hope things are OK with your son .

Just now, johnphilip said:

Well thats good news, this Covid -19  is nasty  and can understand  how fearfull people . But people are still getting other medical problems that need checking . You can only describe so much over the phone . Hope things are OK with your son .

Thank you x

My eldest son developed idiopathic scoliosis aged 15 that caused his  chest to be deformed. There was no history of this in the family. He ended up having his spine straightened with lots of titanium rods fitted. He is as good as new now (aged 29). 

I would demand an appointment with the doc ASAP. The good news is that if it turns out to be scoliosis it is very treatable. 

If it is pigeon chest then it’s surgery required to fix it. 

Until the NHS is back on its feet I can’t see it being a priority, not being rude just trying to give you an idea of what to expect. 

Quick tip, if you do want to go private for an initial appointment, look up the Doctors, pay for an initial appointment with the Doctor that also does the NHS work and then tell him after that your next appointment etc you want to be NHS and ask when they can fit you in.