Grand Vitara Tyre recommendation

Stimo22

I will soon need to replace the tyres on My 2010 Suzuki grand vitara 2.4 and wonder if anyone has some sensible recommendations. currently running Bridgestone dueler HT 687, 225/65 R17 and they are good on road, I need some mainly road tyres that are not noisy on road but better off road.

Anyone has a vitara and tried other tyres

I had Bridgestone dueler HT 687 on my 2005 Subaru Forester.

They were very good on the road and on tracks and trails but were not so clever in the mud. They very good on overall mileage as they lasted for 40k per corner and were also fuel efficient. I did close to 200k on the above spec tyre.

When I replaced them this time I have opted for Yokohama Geolanders AT which were the same price as the Bridgestones HT's. These are possibly slightly noisier and slightly heavier on fuel but they are definitely better on mud / off road. Currently not showing any signs of excessive ware. The car now has 210k on it.

The std fit Bridgestone are rubbish off road and you will get stuck on damp grass! Don't ask me how I know!

I run General Grabber At on my GV in the summer, should suit you OK. Available 225/65/17 so original size.

In winter I run Malatesta Kamels, you won't like these lol...... But I don't tend to get stuck and you can always turn the radio up!

Edited by Sprinter