Pigeon flapper

I've got two and had them for several years. Only replaced one of the motors, simple job, about £6 from ebay. I would recommend them, don't see the point of paying double the price. I bought an adjustable timer, again off the bay, because i thought the supplied  timer went on too long.

23 hours ago, Tikkat3x said:

Looking at buying an a decoys turbocharged flapper, £45, it comes with a timer unit, are they worth it and is it possible/worth it to get a speed controller to slow it down for crows?

many thanks

Yes I bought one in May I think it was, had a little trouble with the first one but it was replaced with no problem by  aa and he threw in a extra battery for any inconvenience first class customer service. Just had it out on crows Saturday gone it was fine speed wise and very visible,pulled them in no bother. Go for it !

On 14/07/2020 at 19:53, Tikkat3x said:

Looking at buying an a decoys turbocharged flapper, £45, it comes with a timer unit, are they worth it and is it possible/worth it to get a speed controller to slow it down for crows?

many thanks

Could you please update this thread sometime in the future & say how you rate this flapper?,i ask because i'd like to purchase a flapper,i have no experience with them whatsoever & had convinced myself that an FF6 was the way to go but then i saw some bad feedback about them regarding the wing mounting spikes,also,prior to seeing the bad feedback i had emailed Flightline Decoys twice to query availability & waiting times on orders (i got the impression the FF's were made to order but could be mistaken??),i never received any replies to the emails,that also concerned me,recently the AA Decoys Turbo has appealed to me,it's also a third of the price of the FF6 Combo i'd been looking at,it would seem the AA Turbo is quite a popular choice amongst the more experienced members on this forum.

• 4 weeks later...
On 23/07/2020 at 11:05, 51/50 said:

Could you please update this thread sometime in the future & say how you rate this flapper?,i ask because i'd like to purchase a flapper,i have no experience with them whatsoever & had convinced myself that an FF6 was the way to go but then i saw some bad feedback about them regarding the wing mounting spikes,also,prior to seeing the bad feedback i had emailed Flightline Decoys twice to query availability & waiting times on orders (i got the impression the FF's were made to order but could be mistaken??),i never received any replies to the emails,that also concerned me,recently the AA Decoys Turbo has appealed to me,it's also a third of the price of the FF6 Combo i'd been looking at,it would seem the AA Turbo is quite a popular choice amongst the more experienced members on this forum.

I did indeed go on to purchase an AA decoys flapper and also a rotary from the same place. Andy had excellent customer service promptly answer all my questions quickly. So far i have found the aa decoy flapper and rotary both to be very well made with no problems to speak off. I did buy a speed controller for both the flapper and rotary and run them off the 12ah and 7ah batterys i also bought from aa decoys so i would thoroughly recommend. I also was waiting for stocks of ff6 to come available but it sounded like the wait for a few months so i went for the aa decoys stuff instead to good effect.

Like you I heard that the FF6 was the daddy but gave up waiting for Nick at Flightline and took the plunge and bought a turbocharged flapper from AA which included random timer and battery for £50 (bargain) on the basis than if the first one didn’t last I could buy a replacement and still not be out of pocket.

I am no expert but it seems realistic to me, it’s all metal so would appear to be robust enough to handled being thrown around and most of all does the trick and a lot less hassle than the magnet.

I was so impressed that I have been thinking of adding a second one to the kit...

I have had a couple of Turbo Flappers from A1 Decoy that have served me well over the last few years.

I also bought a FF6 Flapper from Flightline Decoys in May 2019, my first impressions were that it was a decent, solid looking bit of kit, albeit that the ground spike could be easily lost as it simply slots into the Flapper unit, unlike the A1 Turbo Flapper, which comes as a single unit, so I wrapped some red tape around it, which makes it easier to spot when clearing up.

The wingbeat on the FF6 is definitely more convincing than the Turbo Flapper, in that it's very fast, however I have been disappointed that the very fast flapping motion tends to enlarge the hole made by the spike in the birds wing, the result being that the wing is forever being being thrown off the spike, which means that I'm having to get out of the hide on numerous occasions to reset the wing.

Mine has also now developed a fault with the left wing arm literally going haywire, so it will have to go back to Nick Tait for repair or replacement.

I understand that Nick Tait is an Engineer, not a Salesman, and that his workshop is currently being re-roofed and he will be uncontactable for a couple of weeks.

He also appears to have an almost "God like" following of devotees on Facebook, who are completely besotted with his products, let's hope his after sales service matches the praise given by his loyal band of followers, I will e-mail him to seek his advice on my now faulty FF6?

Cat.

11 hours ago, Catamong said:

I have had a couple of Turbo Flappers from A1 Decoy that have served me well over the last few years.

I also bought a FF6 Flapper from Flightline Decoys in May 2019, my first impressions were that it was a decent, solid looking bit of kit, albeit that the ground spike could be easily lost as it simply slots into the Flapper unit, unlike the A1 Turbo Flapper, which comes as a single unit, so I wrapped some red tape around it, which makes it easier to spot when clearing up.

The wingbeat on the FF6 is definitely more convincing than the Turbo Flapper, in that it's very fast, however I have been disappointed that the very fast flapping motion tends to enlarge the hole made by the spike in the birds wing, the result being that the wing is forever being being thrown off the spike, which means that I'm having to get out of the hide on numerous occasions to reset the wing.

Mine has also now developed a fault with the left wing arm literally going haywire, so it will have to go back to Nick Tait for repair or replacement.

I understand that Nick Tait is an Engineer, not a Salesman, and that his workshop is currently being re-roofed and he will be uncontactable for a couple of weeks.

He also appears to have an almost "God like" following of devotees on Facebook, who are completely besotted with his products, let's hope his after sales service matches the praise given by his loyal band of followers, I will e-mail him to seek his advice on my now faulty FF6?

Cat.

My ff5 has a broken crank and have tried both email and phone contact to get a replacement and have not been able to contact nick, not the best at customer service.

On 15/08/2020 at 22:34, Catamong said:

Cat.

Nick has produced a clip demonstrating the use of a fishing bait-band to secure the wing to the spike

8 hours ago, Balotelli said:

Nick has produced a clip demonstrating the use of a fishing bait-band to secure the wing to the spike

He's well aware there putting a lot of people off purchasing them. Why doesn't he turn them back the way they were before.????. Simple. 

Screenshot_20200817-082831.png

Edited by mellors
Extra info

6 hours ago, Balotelli said:

I like the current design you don't need all the bending of wings etc. I'm sure, Mellors, that you can manage a couple of bait bands. 

I don't need bait bands I've just  heated them up and bent them the other way.