Sign in to follow this  
Tikkat3x

Pigeon flapper

Looking at buying an a decoys turbocharged flapper, £45, it comes with a timer unit, are they worth it and is it possible/worth it to get a speed controller to slow it down for crows?

many thanks

No need to slow it down for the crow's, I just use a random timer.

I've got two and had them for several years. Only replaced one of the motors, simple job, about £6 from ebay. I would recommend them, don't see the point of paying double the price. I bought an adjustable timer, again off the bay, because i thought the supplied  timer went on too long.

23 hours ago, Tikkat3x said:

Looking at buying an a decoys turbocharged flapper, £45, it comes with a timer unit, are they worth it and is it possible/worth it to get a speed controller to slow it down for crows?

many thanks

Yes I bought one in May I think it was, had a little trouble with the first one but it was replaced with no problem by  aa and he threw in a extra battery for any inconvenience first class customer service. Just had it out on crows Saturday gone it was fine speed wise and very visible,pulled them in no bother. Go for it !

On 14/07/2020 at 19:53, Tikkat3x said:

many thanks

Could you please update this thread sometime in the future & say how you rate this flapper?,i ask because i'd like to purchase a flapper,i have no experience with them whatsoever & had convinced myself that an FF6 was the way to go but then i saw some bad feedback about them regarding the wing mounting spikes,also,prior to seeing the bad feedback i had emailed Flightline Decoys twice to query availability & waiting times on orders (i got the impression the FF's were made to order but could be mistaken??),i never received any replies to the emails,that also concerned me,recently the AA Decoys Turbo has appealed to me,it's also a third of the price of the FF6 Combo i'd been looking at,it would seem the AA Turbo is quite a popular choice amongst the more experienced members on this forum.

A1 Turbo flapper has worked for me on the corvids with a timer to slow the wing beat right down so much so I brought another and going to try the two out together Sunday plus you can get a discount using the PW forum code atb Dean