Erm be steady guys any pigeon fanciers for I have sinned !

Agriv8

So walking the 8 month pup over the moors this evening and came Across two young men out for there run. Dog was off the lead running  Through / under some gauze bushes as a bit of training to different environments. As one of the guys is about to explain that there a injured racing pigeon with a tag in the reeds dog nose down bum up was on the sent like a rocket and with two sprocker bounds has it picked and very pleased with herself. Being young we haven’t really got into here sit Dead sorted with a tennis ball never mind a flipping pigeon. After a few firm sit and stay, Dead commands she let me take the bird. Expecting it to be dead punctured crushed and wounded I was about to ring it’s neck and apologise to the two runners after Pips exploits. But a quick check over and and it seems ok

So as I was not far off the parents house wrapped it and put it in my shooting jacket And off we went an  hour later Still going strong Alert Both wing appear functional  and moved to a small box in the shed to see if still alive in the morning and will Check it over and make a call what to do next it is ringed and numbered and only a small juvenile fit with ease in my pocket so decided that I had to give it a chance.

i feel i needed to come on here to clear my conscious, pleas go steady on me for I guess I have sinned !

regards Agriv8 

20E641F1-4C36-47D6-920C-6426F96E12D1.jpeg

A lot of owners won't want it back unless it's from "good breeding" then they may want it back to breed from but I doubt it'll be used to race again .

My son races and regularly loses birds on the odd occasion he gets contacted to let him know that the bird is dead or its alive and its location . If its local he'll collect it (or ask me to and never pays for the fuel ... but that's another story) or if it's not a bird that owes him a lot of £ he'll just tell the finder to keep it if they want to

Well it’s still alive and well I Will get it’s ring number and see if I can locate / contact it’s owner . I assume water, sunflower seeds are ok.

thanks Agriv8 

Update 2 there are rings on each leg one of the rings has a phone number not many miles away so will call in the morning.

Edited by Agriv8

if one ring is rubber it was on a race,,,years ago one came in my next doors loft from yorkshire,i was delivering with my truck days later, released it about 5 miles from its home,blow me it was back at the loft in lancashire b4 i got home with truck.