BERETTA A400

gustav

I have an A400 Xplor, on firing the first shot it cycles perfectly and chambers the second cartridge. However when this cartridge is fired the third cartridge exits the magazine tube and sits on the carrier but goes no further. The carrier remains in the lower position and so the cartridge does not chamber. If anyone has encountered this problem or knows what might cause it please let me know.
I telephoned the workshop at GMK and the gunsmith could not offer me a suggestion as to the likely cause.
 I am mechanically competent and would really like to try and sort this myself.
 Many thanks,

Alan.

there is a tendancy in some shooters to load 3.......one in the chamber 2 in the mag ...then press the button on the right hand side which releases a round from the mag to sit on the lifter...so you have one in the spout ...one on the lifter one in the mag...........

this seems to result in miss fed rounds.........as the round likes a clear run in one from the mag to the chamber....

so when loading....one in the chamber 2 in the mag

if you are already doing this...strip the gun and wash the mag out with petrol or something ....thats if you cant take it apart..

edit ........check that the lifter is not bent

i have had my A303 for over 20 years and i think it has mis-fed 4 times in 20 years and all i fire is 28gm 65mm or heavy 30gm 70mm loads.............it dosnt like 21g cartridges.....

Edited by ditchman

In answer to the queries so far,
The gun is a 2014 model and has been stripped and cleaned. When loading I drop one onto the lifter and then depress the button before putting two in the magazine. The mag tube has been flushed out with service spray, the cartridge follower operates smoothly  the spring is strong and the lifter appears to be square.
 Please keep trying guys there must be an answer out there somewhere.
Many thanks,

Alan.