William Sumners 8 gauge

William Sumners

£2,000

8 gauge Shotgun Private Seller
Used - Very Good Condition Warrington, Cheshire
Hammer, -, -, 36" barrels
0977bcd2-a1d5-4dfe-b1b9-dad5ce8853b6 05c70a36-6856-4f5c-bea4-b0bbee1b91d4 Ee33caa5-c432-4183-be5b-0e36c989cc62

Description

William Sumners 8 gauge shotgun:

English made (Liverpool) rotary under leaver mechanism, made in the late 1800's (my reading suggests it was in the year 1887).

When buying a gun of this age and calibre you should pay close attention to the barrel, and this one is in very good condition. The Damascus pattern is stunning, it's free from dents/bulges/scratching etc, it's approximately 35 1/2 inches in length, and it has been re-proofed for nitro (see barrel stamps).

I've owned the gun for a couple of years and it's had a few outings on the Pinks in Scotland during that time, she fires 2 1/2oz shot comfortably.

I’ve got a host of loading equipment which will be included in the sale such as shot, powder, cases, wads, re-sizer and RTO tool. These are worth some money on their own (about 150pounds worth), and I have some cartridges loaded too which I will gift.

No offers please. It’s been a pleasure to own her! You wont find another in this condition at this price.

Please call my mobile if you would like any more information or pictures.

This gun is being sold by Pigeon Watch member Wildfowler12. Message them here

View the full article

10 hours ago, Manish said:

She truly is a wonderful amalgamation of steel and wood 😍. May I ask why your getting rid of such a stunning thing? Is it just lack of use?

I just shoot better with the 10, I find I might only take this out once or twice a season.

10 hours ago, Dogs said:

Hi bud, can I ask the chamber length ?

3 1/2” mate. Re-proofed for nitro 👍🏻

2426E798-410E-4079-8B07-4D6523B9A908.jpeg

• 1 month later...