Lightweight scope on an HW97K

throdgrain

Evening folks! I have a HW97K, which Im sure most people will know is quite a heavy gun. At the moment it has a Hawke Vantage 3-9 AO IR scope on it, which is ok, but I was thinking of replacing it with a proper air rifle rated scope, and wondering if I got a slightly lighter one it may make a bit of difference. I was think of a Hawke Airmax maybe 3-9 or 4-12 x 40 or 50, no IR? Certainly I have an old Nikko scope on my HW90K, another heavy gun, and it feels a bit lighter with that on, but I , frankly, don't want to go as old as that.

Any ideas or alternative suggestions anyone? Cheers :)

I personally dont think you will notice much difference in weight no matter what you put on as the majority of scopes only vary by a few ounces either way , drop the objective to 40-44mm and you will gain a bit , theres a hawke airmax in other sales section ,44mm ob

3 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, Hawke scopes are rated for all air rifles, just need to use quality mounts

Hi

all Hawke scopes are not rated for air rifles, only the airmax and the 30mm tubes iirc

3 hours ago, telf said:

I personally dont think you will notice much difference in weight no matter what you put on as the majority of scopes only vary by a few ounces either way , drop the objective to 40-44mm and you will gain a bit , theres a hawke airmax in other sales section ,44mm ob

I think 40mm might be the answer, thanks for the input!