Shamima Begum to return to UK

harrycatcat1

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh she is just what this country needs!

Concluding, Lord Justice Flaux said: “Notwithstanding the national security concerns about Ms Begum, I have reached the firm conclusion that given that the only way in which she can have a fair and effective appeal is to be permitted to come into the United Kingdom to pursue her appeal.”

The judge added: “Fairness and justice must, on the facts of this case, outweigh the national security concerns.”

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

7 minutes ago, LeedsZeppelin said:

Will this set a precedent for all the other terrorists that were stripped of their citizenship to apply to come back?

Quite possibly, our beloved lilly livered liberal leaders will roll over and give in.

10 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

The judge added: “Fairness and justice must, on the facts of this case, outweigh the national security concerns.”

Does not the "national security concerns" that risk the security of 60 odd million people here outweigh the "fairness and justice"  to one known terrorist associate?

Just now, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Not these days!

In which case Johnson needs to get Parliament to change the law.  I was under the impression that the first duty of Government was to maintain National Security (above ALL other duties).

22 minutes ago, The Heron said:

It would not supprise me if they make a statue of of her and stick her on a plinth in Bristol. 

They have already put-up a life-size sculpture of Black Lives Matter protester Jen Reid.

Set up the courtroom at the airport - on the other side of security - let her have her hearing there - then ship her back.You can bet though she will come back and be "at home" while awaiting the hearing - getting benefits etc.... When there is a distinct issue with veterans and homelessness as my mother is a SSAFA case worker - what an insult

I love the way the BBC referred to as  a 'schoolgirl'-that was five years ago.

There will be barristers buying holiday villas on the back of this and she won't have paid a penny-I suspect she will return pregnant, give birth in this country and secure her future right to stay.

see what becomes of the HO appeal.

f.