Shamima Begum to return to UK

harrycatcat1

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

I don't know what it costs to keep a returned terrorist under whatever surveillance/monitoring needed to ensure they don't act against us here , but if it is done properly (which I doubt it is), it will be VERY expensive and last for an open ended period of time.  This case is one person - but opens the gates for an estimated "up to 150 others".

This is a VERY VERY expensive bill we are looking at - or take the risk by letting them loose here without surveillance.  Bearing in mind they have left here specifically to fight on the side of this countries enemies, I see that as a big risk.

It is done properly and the bill is staggering. 

2 hours ago, Scully said:

I like Barnie! Not so much of a reason to go now the gun shops closed, admittedly, but there are worse places......like Whitehaven🙂

Now your talking. Whitehavenis truly, the end of the world. An ideal location to pay dues for a serious crime. 

Mate just bought a penthouse flat on the harbour side whilst he is isolated in Thailand. Why????

Just now, oowee said:

Now your talking. Whitehavenis truly, the end of the world. An ideal location to pay dues for a serious crime. 

Mate just bought a penthouse flat on the harbour side whilst he is isolated in Thailand. Why????

Did he perhaps have some loose change to get rid of?

I’m just not fussed any more, I can’t believe she has survived this long as is still unrepentant. I’m glad Sajid Javid acted strongly but I believe he made a fundamental mistake in law and it will be overturned. She should have been tried in absentia so she knows she’s facing a whole life term the moment she sets foot back here.  For me, if you are British you are British for life. But the punishment for treason should be a whole life sentence or capital punishment. 

15 hours ago, enfieldspares said:

West Jaywick?

15 hours ago, Scully said:

Egremont. 

15 hours ago, enfieldspares said:

Or maybe....Barnard Castle!

15 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Tower of London was the traditional place for traitors!

Gruinard?

9 hours ago, 39TDS said:

Send someone to shoot the cow. Just like anyone else would, what the hell is the matter with this country right now? Nobody has any balls any more.

I must admit I was thinking MI6/Special forces could create an ‘accident’ 

14 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

bring a known terrorist into the country and nothing.......

There are a couple of petitions on Change.org to raise the issue, but I agree - very little.  But that is partly the product of our liberal lefty media who only (and repeatedly) report the things that will excite the left to frenzied outrage ......... and partly the product of our manipulative left 'under the surface' movements - who will tap into anything they can to gain support (and funds).

It is the combination of those two that created the great following of BLM that arose from the events in America.

As for Shamima, no bad thing if the UK actually have to confront the issue head on.  They tried to sidestep the issue by removing her citizenship at arms length, they have tried to sidestep the issue when they were happy for the US to take British citizens into Guantanamo, they have tried to sidestep the issue with lettings the Kurds manage the problems at armslength too.

At least when things are played out in a British court then we know exactly where the government stands, actions are far more important than rhetoric and sadly our government is long on rhetoric and short on actions.