Raw feet

mgsontour

2 hours ago, mgsontour said:

I'm wondering who on here feed their dogs raw duck/chicken feet and the benefits they have found? Cheers

Feet are bones I believe. 

Same benefit as feeding any other type of bone heavy thing, firms the dog up, get solid poos. Dog gets lots of calcium. If the dog chews them they can clean the teeth well, mine just wolfs down his raw meaty bones. 

Just don’t feed too much as can cause the dog to be too firm or have a blockage. 

Offal (liver mainly) really loosens them up. 

22 hours ago, B725 said:

I've just swapped mine onto a raw minced turkey and gluten free diet he is eager for his dinner and doesn't leave a single crumb, so far the results have been posative.

I've moved to cheap dry food 6 weeks ago with a spoon full of yoghurt and pimp it up with sardines every other day and the results are good thus far. The reason for asking about the feet is the sales info promise they are full of everything yet the use of them doesn't seem to be high for a treat as non of my lot use them or certainly never boasted about them, although, most do feed bones

I find it hard to understand why folk buy these things, they are scrap, usually end up in the waste bin, then some bright spark decides

"I know we can sell them as dog food" 

having worked in a slaughter house and butchers for over 3 decades the stuff i see in pet shops supplied as treats is unbelievable, pigs ears, bull's pizzles, trackea, lungs, pigs snouts,cow horn, cow toe nails well its basicly anything that is scrap, scrap meaning rubbish, no use, waste, unwanted but folk feed their dogs with the stuff. 

Its a shooting forum i assume we shoot stuff on here, go shoot some decent food for your four legged family member.