Bipod 'clamp'

steve_b_wales

When I had the new Howa rifle today, I was sent a small clamp (see photo) that I assume(d) fitted underneath the chassis in the slots provided (see photo) the 'nuts' on the clamp swivel and I thought that I had to push them into the slot, then they twist and grip the chassis when tightened. But, they don't grip and I'm at a loss. There's also a threaded hole at the end of the chassis which can be seen, but I haven't got a stud with those threads. The only ones I have are for fitting directly into wood.

Bipod 2.jpg

IMG_0014.JPG

1 hour ago, wyn said:

The front stud hole is  10-32 UNF.

I got one from "ant supplies"

:good:

2 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

Loosen the screws first, the nut needs to clear the rail and turn. There will be a sweet spot.

If you struggle, watch a M-lok accessory attachment youtube video

:good:

The oryx uses a quick release type sling swivel and can be fitted either side of the butt.

I had to file a bit of the plastic down to get it to fit right.  I think i got them from "ant supplies"

I also used the same type at the front which was an m-lok type fitting and went onto the chassis. The front sling stud i used for a bipod.

IMG_0458.JPG.84e2538d59af99bdb66824e5440e9c15.JPG

3 hours ago, wyn said:

The oryx uses a quick release type sling swivel and can be fitted either side of the butt.

I had to file a bit of the plastic down to get it to fit right.  I think i got them from "ant supplies"

I also used the same type at the front which was an m-lok type fitting and went onto the chassis. The front sling stud i used for a bipod.

IMG_0458.JPG.84e2538d59af99bdb66824e5440e9c15.JPG

Thanks. 

I've just received this through the post. The only problem is the sleeve that the swivel fits into, is slightly too big for the hole in the Oryx chassis. I could open the hole up enough for it to fit, but as it's a new chassis, I don't really want to start 'altering' it. The swivel actually fit's good into the hole without the sleeve fitted, and it appears to hold firmly. I don't know whether to chance it. Another option is to put some Araldite glue in the hole and let the swivel set in it.

SWIVEL 2.jpg

It doesn't need the sleeve.....chuck it in the bin.

The bit with the ball bearings goes straight into the chassis.  Make sure it fits in far enough and the ball bearings hold it secure.

I had to file away some plastic to make sure it sat down tight against the chassis.

You can just see on the pic where i had to remove material.

IMG_0457.JPG.beeb363bec116885b92837c5ee75e2da.JPG

Edited by wyn

27 minutes ago, wyn said:

It doesn't need the sleeve.....chuck it in the bin.

The bit with the ball bearings goes straight into the chassis.  Make sure it fits in far enough and the ball bearings hold it secure.

I had to file away some plastic to make sure it sat down tight against the chassis.

You can just see on the pic where i had to remove material.

IMG_0457.JPG.beeb363bec116885b92837c5ee75e2da.JPG

Thanks. I have tested it by pulling hard on the sling and it held firmly.