Refillable alternative to 88g c02

HuskyRich

hi guys just wondering if there is a decent alternative to keep buying the 88g c02 cylinders at 8 or so quid a pop.

Was in my local shop not long back and the guy in there showed me something in one of his catalogues but can't for the life of me remember what the name of it was.
It's some sort of replacement for a 88g cylinder that you can fill up with an air compressor, which is handy being that I have one.

I've done some looking online but can only really seem to find big bulky ones for paintballing etc.

Cheers :)

30 minutes ago, HuskyRich said:

hi guys just wondering if there is a decent alternative to keep buying the 88g c02 cylinders at 8 or so quid a pop.

Was in my local shop not long back and the guy in there showed me something in one of his catalogues but can't for the life of me remember what the name of it was.
It's some sort of replacement for a 88g cylinder that you can fill up with an air compressor, which is handy being that I have one.

I've done some looking online but can only really seem to find big bulky ones for paintballing etc.

Cheers

Hello, what co2 rifle is it ?

1 hour ago, HuskyRich said:

Cheers :)

You have a compressor that makes 200 +  bar .? 

Is it one of the nomads or the new hills compressor ? 

Most airguns operate  between 100 and 200 bar .

Often they can be filled to 250 bar when they have a reg .

Some long barreled .22 s or .25 cals can push pellets out of the barrel at around 75  bar .but not much less.

Your 10 bar compressor wont even come close. 

Sorry  

31 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

I thought this decades ago too. Thought my little pcr1 won't hold more air than a car tire at 34psi. Then realising the gun needs 3000psi. Bought a stirrup pump then... 

What pigeonpopper say, can be converted to hpa for a few quid in parts. Think best fittings do them. 

Might have to give this a look.

As much as c02 rifles tend to get shunned by a lot of people I actually quite like them. Can't put my finger on why though...

But yeah didn't realise they operate at such a high pressure!

11 hours ago, HuskyRich said:

Might have to give this a look.

As much as c02 rifles tend to get shunned by a lot of people I actually quite like them. Can't put my finger on why though...

But yeah didn't realise they operate at such a high pressure!

I have 3 , I like them for the convenience  just drop a co2 cartridge  in at around 30p my colt 45 pistol I get nearly 80 shots out of  one  . No divers cylinder to get filled , or tested or stored anywhere.  I think of them as a bit of fun . Realy got into them during  the lockdown . A bit of plinging in the garden . I suppose there reaction to the colder weather . But then I would not be standing out in the cold using one . To me they are a bit of fun and fun to shoot 

underlever 7.jpg

20200624_185248.jpg

2 hours ago, johnphilip said:

I have 3 , I like them for the convenience  just drop a co2 cartridge  in at around 30p my colt 45 pistol I get nearly 80 shots out of  one  . No divers cylinder to get filled , or tested or stored anywhere.  I think of them as a bit of fun . Realy got into them during  the lockdown . A bit of plinging in the garden . I suppose there reaction to the colder weather . But then I would not be standing out in the cold using one . To me they are a bit of fun and fun to shoot 

underlever 7.jpg

20200624_185248.jpg

What's the underlever one in the top pic? I like the look of that.

18 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I converted my 79 to HPA air bottle, very easy, you need 300 BAR filling, either cylinder or pump, 

Hello, look on the GMAC custom Parts web site converting C02 to HPA on the 79 you just need an adapter and small cylinder that will have a guage and fill adapter, Gordon is a good chap to deal with

• 3 months later...
On 18/07/2020 at 19:45, strimmer_13 said:

I thought this decades ago too. Thought my little pcr1 won't hold more air than a car tire at 34psi. Then realising the gun needs 3000psi. Bought a stirrup pump then... 

What pigeonpopper say, can be converted to hpa for a few quid in parts. Think best fittings do them. 

Hello, bought my kit from www.gmaccustomparts.com