What do you lot reckon...

Farmboy91

20 minutes ago, Manish said:

Now you've gone got me all curious!! I have to admit there have been times in the Fen mist when I think I have seem something odd but then remind myself that the mist plays games with you. The Sun might pay you more for the story but is VERY anti shooting/hunting.

Has anybody seen OS??

Have you seen anymore poops from the mystery animal??

Years ago my old man was in Norwich hospital, I'd gone up with my nan to see him and on the train on the way back to Stowmarket I saw what I thought at first was a dog running alongside a field towards the train, then it turned to run across the field but it was not a dog. It had the gait and tail of a cat without a doubt. All black and getting on for a large lab and then some.

I don't claim to be able to explain it, but I've worked in numerous buildings that were haunted, the Lavenham swan was one. 

I think I'll steer as clear from the Sun as I do the ST 😂

Not seen anymore droppings, the field was cut the other day so there's no cover anymore. I have seen alot of the beet off another two fields that are close by been pulled up and munched on though.

3 hours ago, Manish said:

Beet is like a deer magnet mate they love the stuff. Heck everything loves some beet. I made sugar beet crisps once with chilli powder. Bloody lovely with a nice beer

Ahh ok I wasn't sure what had been at it, wouldn't mind giving those crisps a go myself, would go down well with a nice pulled boar sandwich haha.

On 23/07/2020 at 19:13, Farmboy91 said:

I don't think it's a red deer this far down, I did see online that there were some in Thetford but that's a fair way from me.

There was a old folk tale about it not to far from me OB, that's the last thing I need visiting in the night.

The whole fields been cut now so I might have a wander over there when it gets dark.

Plenty of reds all over Suffolk FB. Seen them around Ipswich, Felixstowe, Long Melford and down towards the Dedham Vale. There was one of the largest lowland herds outside of Scotland at Minsmere/Westleton Until the RSPB hypocrites decided to do a big controversial cull a few year back. Took out 250 plus just on the 1000 acre reserve in November/December 2013. Poor management on there part that cost them members. So much for there science. Minsmere/Dunwich only place i have seen reds on the beach. . . . . Ol Shuck still doing there rounds and turn up when you least expect it. 😉 Even got beer and a bike club named after it.   NB

5 hours ago, NatureBoy said:

Plenty of reds all over Suffolk FB. Seen them around Ipswich, Felixstowe, Long Melford and down towards the Dedham Vale. There was one of the largest lowland herds outside of Scotland at Minsmere/Westleton Until the RSPB hypocrites decided to do a big controversial cull a few year back. Took out 250 plus just on the 1000 acre reserve in November/December 2013. Poor management on there part that cost them members. So much for there science. Minsmere/Dunwich only place i have seen reds on the beach. . . . . Ol Shuck still doing there rounds and turn up when you least expect it. 😉 Even got beer and a bike club named after it.   NB

I'm sure I remember when I was younger there being bigger deer round here but I'm talking 20 odd years ago. I'll have to speak to the old boy who helps the local keeper out as I'm sure he'd know if there are reds about.

I think my old man was part of that club, either that or something 'stag'.

17 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

I'm sure I remember when I was younger there being bigger deer round here but I'm talking 20 odd years ago. I'll have to speak to the old boy who helps the local keeper out as I'm sure he'd know if there are reds about.

I think my old man was part of that club, either that or something 'stag'.

Poachers with dogs been pushing them about my way. More around now than ever. Apart from Minsmere that is.  . . . . Club still going. Not heard of club with 'stag' in title tho and know most this way. .        NB

7 hours ago, NatureBoy said:

Poachers with dogs been pushing them about my way. More around now than ever. Apart from Minsmere that is.  . . . . Club still going. Not heard of club with 'stag' in title tho and know most this way. .        NB

Yeah they could of happened here, I just thought I'd of seen one by now lol.

I'm probably talking around the late 80's think they used to meet in a pub near battisford.

7 hours ago, NatureBoy said:

Same folk already on the stubble's running hares last week. Seen reds on Barking green at night and near Semer church.

Be interested to know what club that was? We used to go Battisford Punchbowl and Gardeners Arms at Combs back then.     NB

Definitely about in the area then, hopefully the keepers mate will be able to shed a little light on it.

I asked, it was the Rampant Stag, used to go in the Gardener's Arms, ring any bells?

On 27/07/2020 at 20:18, Farmboy91 said:

Definitely about in the area then, hopefully the keepers mate will be able to shed a little light on it.

I asked, it was the Rampant Stag, used to go in the Gardener's Arms, ring any bells?

Big deer and plenty about, but elusive to many! . . . .  Forget the horse carp. Keep an eye out for folk nicking dogs and running hares. Big problem locally at mo. Hearing daily reports from all over Suffolk. They marking up/offering to do work on properties with dogs and returning. Cops caught two fellas in van doing it yesterday. 4 other sus vehicles been flagged up. Info on there website/farmwatch.

Not heard of Rampant Stag bike club. Were they going long, MC or MCC?      NB

2 hours ago, NatureBoy said:

Big deer and plenty about, but elusive to many! . . . .  Forget the horse carp. Keep an eye out for folk nicking dogs and running hares. Big problem locally at mo. Hearing daily reports from all over Suffolk. They marking up/offering to do work on properties with dogs and returning. Cops caught two fellas in van doing it yesterday. 4 other sus vehicles been flagged up. Info on there website/farmwatch.

Not heard of Rampant Stag bike club. Were they going long, MC or MCC?      NB

Yes I'd heard the same thing, a white mark on the gate and come back later. Plenty know it's going on so hopefully they won't get anymore. Seem alot of hares in the last month or do which has been nice. 

I couldn't say, I'll have to ask the old man next time I speak to him.