Anyone following the test match?

chrisjpainter

52 minutes ago, The Heron said:

101 for 4 hopefully a break through soon. 

Right on the stroke of tea, Stokes is the man. Dom Bess has been poor; I think it's going to be the quicks to get this done. I'd love to see a Five-for for Broad

And Woakes just after tea! This is there for the taking. Get rid of Holder and it's ours

3 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

Right on the stroke of tea, Stokes is the man. Dom Bess has been poor; I think it's going to be the quicks to get this done. I'd love to see a Five-for for Broad

And Woakes just after tea! This is there for the taking. Get rid of Holder and it's ours

Dom Bess is young (22) and as Nasser said he is learning his trade in the spotlight. It’s good experience for him and he took two wickets in the end. 

Good result. The highlight for me was Stokes nearly chasing down that boundary off of his own bowling. Great commitment. 

I gave up watching cricket on TV some time ago as I did not like the supporters shouting and banging drums etc and just to making to much noise for my liking also I was put of by all of the hugging and kissing when someone got out but one good thing to come out of this covid 19  thing its all gone back to how it used to be so I am enjoying it again for a bit.

4 minutes ago, billytheghillie said:

still watching the gloss paint dry on my front door, more interesting.

Watch it, insulting cricket is a hate crime in England. We'll have you locked up under Wee Nicky's new laws.

12 minutes ago, Mr_Nobody said:

Just watching the highlights now. Broad had some fun with the bat today.

that he did. I'm still totally unsold on Archer. His pace was only around Woakes' and he was going at over four an over. I felt the pressure was rather eased when Broad and Anderson came off, too many boundary balls. Still, we're in a brilliant position. I think we should be able to force a win, as long as the weather holds!

UGH. Why didn't they start with Broad and Anderson?! 8 overs of placid, unthreatening bowling. The minute Anderson comes on, the runs dry up. Broad bowls three balls and takes a wicket. I guess that's the difference between class and world class.

4 wickets for 11 runs in 22 balls. Remind me why we dropped him for the first?

Edited by chrisjpainter

17 minutes ago, The Heron said:

What a great day's play I thought the only way to get the big lad out would be to make him run and run him out. 

There's plenty of him, isn't there?! I really can't see him having a career at test match level; there are just too many strikes through his name on what he can't do.

Superb by England though! Batted quickly enough to give us plenty of time to get those 10 wickets and Broad's cut that to 8. Give us three sessions max over the next 2 days and we'll win the series.

2 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

There's plenty of him, isn't there?! I really can't see him having a career at test match level; there are just too many strikes through his name on what he can't do.

Superb by England though! Batted quickly enough to give us plenty of time to get those 10 wickets and Broad's cut that to 8. Give us three sessions max over the next 2 days and we'll win the series.

Absolutely agree you can't take the quality of the catch big lad made it reminds of the catch made by that large Bermudan fella years ago. 

Half hour later it was hosing down!

What a way for Broad to answer the selectors. 16 wickets in two tests at 11 apiece, a ten wicket haul, his 500th test wicket and the third fastest 50 by an Englishman in a test. 

It was nice to see Woakes nip in with a Michelle too; this pace attack is something else! dare I say it, but over the 3 tests, I think Archer's looked the weakest link. He's not taken the wickets and he's gone for runs too. Team selection for Pakistan should be interesting. If they're all fit, I think we go with:
Anderson, Broad, Woakes and Wood and keep Stokes' workload light.