Feinwerkbau 127 sport project

holloway

Not had much to do with air rifles since i was a kid but i do remember lusting after the Fwd sport ,so on a whim i thought that i had a bargain with this one ,i didnt really look at the pictures or ask the owner any questions ,so this is what turned up unseen.First thing i noticed was the stock its all sound but what a mess the checkering is now , anyway i cant make it any worse really can i ?The blueing needs re doing and it looks like it has had a hard life.

It won,t always cock and the safety doesn,t work ,the trigger feels sort of loose and floppy although it will tighten up a bit with the screw adjustment, any ideas on what the problem might be ,the two springs in the unit look a bit tired ?

I have taken it all apart ready to find some new bits for the internals spring ,seals etc ,not really interested in changing anything just thinking of putting it back to how it was can i still get original parts ? Any advice really welcome .

IMG_2693.JPG

IMG_2694.JPG

The piston heads are notorious for falling apart on these (I know, I have one that I have owned since I was a teenager and I recently replaced it).  There are some spares still available in the UK and Europe, and there is a small UK owners group on facebook.   I have found this place pretty good https://www.gunspares.co.uk/products/24038/Feinwerkbau-Sport/

I cant help on the trigger, but I know if mine is adjusted all the way out it becomes sloppy.

Once you get it running I am sure it will bring a big smile to your face, I know mine does every time I pull it out for plink in the garden

5 hours ago, strimmer_13 said:

Somebody has strippled the checkering. Good luck sorting that out, you be better off stripping the rest to match 

Think you’re right can’t do much else.

2 hours ago, akey said:

The piston heads are notorious for falling apart on these (I know, I have one that I have owned since I was a teenager and I recently replaced it).  There are some spares still available in the UK and Europe, and there is a small UK owners group on facebook.   I have found this place pretty good https://www.gunspares.co.uk/products/24038/Feinwerkbau-Sport/

I cant help on the trigger, but I know if mine is adjusted all the way out it becomes sloppy.

Once you get it running I am sure it will bring a big smile to your face, I know mine does every time I pull it out for plink in the garden

Thanks for that looks like Chambers have most of the stuff I need.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...