Insurance

My basc membership is up for renewal next month. I'm only a member for the insurance and looking to tighten my belt a bit as I'm currently doing very little shooting and it seems I'm paying quite a lot of cash just to get a rubbish magazine through the door occasionally. Any advice for good, cheap shooting insurance?

Think I said in another thread, I went country club cover and joined song bird survival with plenty left in the wallet. 

Looked into it a bit as like you I don't do as much as I want to, and being in lockdown I reviewed my finances and decided im not getting my moneys worth (I'll stop there, its been done to death in every other thread). But to make my self happier, I decided to join songbird survival as its only £3 a month via d/d. 

Interesting thread.  What problems do people get with insurance other than if they make a claim? Claim experience would be interesting. Never sure with some insurances what would be covered when it came to the point of a claim. Many are covers of last resort rather than of first claim.

I have household insurance with Axa and this includes lots of liability, legal cover and third party damage etc. At the same time I have similar with my car, my boat and through BASC and have no way to know if any of them are any good come to a claim. I also suspect that I am probably paying for the same cover many times over through different policies. 

11 hours ago, Scully said:

I’m going Gunplan. A mate is in it and reckons it’s fine. 

1 hour ago, Rim Fire said:

Been with these a few years now never had any problems 

1 hour ago, oowee said:

Interesting thread.  What problems do people get with insurance other than if they make a claim? Claim experience would be interesting. Never sure with some insurances what would be covered when it came to the point of a claim. Many are covers of last resort rather than of first claim.

I have household insurance with Axa and this includes lots of liability, legal cover and third party damage etc. At the same time I have similar with my car, my boat and through BASC and have no way to know if any of them are any good come to a claim. I also suspect that I am probably paying for the same cover many times over through different policies. 

:good:

A bit like the so called car insurance ‘Fully Comprehensive’ it used to-be just that but now there’s an whole list of add-ons at extra cost and home insurance is a mine field of add-ons and what you are and are not covered for.

About two years ago we noticed some damp on the wall in the kitchen, turns out it was a underground internal water pipe that had sprung a leak, now I am a bit of a belt and bracers man and took out cover for just about any event, well low and behold when I made the claim I was told they would find the leak and dig out the floor but I would have to pay for repairing the leaking pipe, I was not very happy and told the insurance company so, but it cost me the excess of £70 and repair pipe and make good the floor another £200.  :mad: