£3000 Labrador Puppies????

CaptC

I honestly hope people who have jumped on the band wagon and are breeding there bitches as they saw these hugely inflated  get left with the entire litters . This has been cause because folk off there work for four months thought Oh it would be nice to buy a puppy and get out . Now they have to go back to work they wont have time for them and most of these untrained unruly dogs will end up back for sale , dumped or given to the R.S. P. C. A.

I am sure i was reading a bit a while ago that the tax man was monitoring this and wanted his cut as most of it was going as undeclared earnings . and you often see a rise in adverts just before xmas so the jobless have money for Christmas 

Sitting at home while my motor was being repaired I looked to see what Lab puppies were making in my area of Norfolk , to begin with I thought they had made a mistake by putting a one or a two in front of three figures , but then it dawned on me it wasn't a mistake this is what people are charging for pet Labs and for working ones a lot more , apart from cross breads , and even some of these were well over a £1000 all the ones I saw started off at £1250 and went on to double that sort of money .

All my working life I could easily afford a good average puppy when it was time to replace my older one , now I would find it very difficult to find £1500 for a good puppy from working stock and my currant five year old could well be my last Lab after a long lifetime of owning at least one dog , a part of this would be getting to old to train a puppy, but the cost would have also be taken in consideration .

On 23/07/2020 at 23:28, WelshAndy said:

I think there's untested  PRA in the bitch line of them pups if you go by the info that's on myKC, although it can only be carrier as both the sire & grandsire are clears.

9 hours ago, PERCE said:

A friend let someone use his dog on an unpapered bitch a while back, he asked for 1/2 a pup if she has pups as the fee, he was stunned when he was given £1k.

Honest of the person selling the pups then to be fair to them, if he was stunned then he didn't know what they went for and they could have given him anything. 

On 24/07/2020 at 21:53, clangerman said:

what happened to finding a good home over the cash anyone charging stupid money for puppies should be ashamed of their self 

I have my bitches spayed as one of my first dogs was from a litter of 13. Imagine trying to find 13 good working homes for Weimaraner puppies! In my opinion.m, unless you are prepared to keep any unsold pups or drown the excess (as advocated by Guy Wallace) then you should not breed unless you already have sufficient demand or ideally a waiting list of homes lined up. 

10 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

I have my bitches spayed as one of my first dogs was from a litter of 13. Imagine trying to find 13 good working homes for Weimaraner puppies! In my opinion.m, unless you are prepared to keep any unsold pups or drown the excess (as advocated by Guy Wallace) then you should not breed unless you already have sufficient demand or ideally a waiting list of homes lined up. 

keeper friend today proved some people are not greedy following the loss of clanger he offered me a black lab puppy from excellent working stock for less than half what most are charging 

23 minutes ago, clangerman said:

keeper friend today proved some people are not greedy following the loss of clanger he offered me a black lab puppy from excellent working stock for less than half what most are charging 

Good to get a dog when you have seen the dam work.