12g cases wanted

12 hours ago, DUNKS said:

Thanks. Or of course buy the brand new cases I want and no hassle. I can get a decent roll crimp but I prefer a star. Photo shows both. All 65mm cases just different wad.

CRIMP 001.JPG

Forgive me if my observation is wrong, but why are you using what’s looks like a think over powder card as an over shot card, which are much thinner? Does the thick strong over powder card not effect Pattern?

7 minutes ago, rbrowning2 said:

Forgive me if my observation is wrong, but why are you using what’s looks like a think over powder card as an over shot card, which are much thinner? Does the thick strong over powder card not effect Pattern?

Probably, Thats why I have gone to a six point crimp. Not patterned any of my rounds but for breaking clays at normal distances we see no difference. I used those cards purely because those were the ones I had to hand. They are only 2mm. Not the usual 4.

Edited by DUNKS

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from collecting my primed cases from Norman Clark gunsmiths in Rugby. What a lovely shop and lovely people running it. Lots of forearms but also a selection of used 12g shotguns at very reasonable prices. If only they sold black powder, it's getting very difficult to come by and by the sounds of it will only get worse. I hear the substitute black is going onto the explosive list.

Got 300 cases, going to do a bit of loading.

9 minutes ago, DUNKS said:

Just got back from collecting my primed cases from Norman Clark gunsmiths in Rugby. What a lovely shop and lovely people running it. Lots of forearms but also a selection of used 12g shotguns at very reasonable prices. If only they sold black powder, it's getting very difficult to come by and by the sounds of it will only get worse. I hear the substitute black is going onto the explosive list.

Got 300 cases, going to do a bit of loading.

I hope you weren't too tempted by the tables of pre-owned bits and pieces?

11 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

I hope you weren't too tempted by the tables of pre-owned bits and pieces?

It's a good idea. we all like to rummage . Twas mostly reloading stuff. Anyway her inside came along for the ride and had my cards and SGC in her bag.😀

Edited by DUNKS

LOL! Now my "her indoors" likes meat and fish markets. Of which the one at Rugby isn't very good. But we've never been to either Hyson Green market nor the Victoria Centre market in Nottingham. Are either any good for meat and fish sellers? Especially offal, "exotic" fish, chicken feet, tripes and the like? Leicester BTW is rubbish, so is Derby and whilst Birmingham is excellent it's just too far to do more than once a quarter year. Any input is welcome. Thanks in advance.