Sign in to follow this  
Townie

Bisley pay and play

My part time job as Dad taxi driver is taking me to Guildford next month, so I’ve booked a pay and play slot at Bisley so the day’s not entirely wasted.

Any thoughts, recommendations, views?

I helped set the pay and play course on long siberia up and ran it for the first couple of years. There's a lot of variety there, and it's gone from strength to strength since I moved on to pastures new. Great fun for simulated game down the far end of the ground. I hope you enjoy it. 

I've shot there once. Lovely ground. Walking up to the clubhouse we were greeted by the sight of a deer strolling across the grass. There were only a few stands open when we went so be sure to check what will be available on the day you attend.

Do take your license and proof of insurance. They will check.

0bisley2.jpg

0bisley1.jpg

Thanks all. Really looking forward to it, but I fear that the debit card may get a pounding.

Unless you go at the right times your limited to seven stands as not allowed through the gate, members only.

I used to shoot it every week during the summer when I worked in Surrey. 

Very nice ground and some very good layouts with multiple traps. Not the cheapest of grounds. 

If you get through the gate the first stand on your left is a good one. All the multi trap stands are good, the sportrap layout is good too.

The high tower fun.

As said the grouse butts are good but one is dangerous as bits of broken clay come straight at you, or did when I used to go.

As long as you get full access it good, however it’s proofing harder to get through the gate and the large crane has now vanished (pre lockdown anyway). 

That crane was decrepit when I was working there 12 years ago. Used to give me the heebie jeebies putting it up and down. 

On 27/07/2020 at 17:23, adzyvilla said:

That crane was decrepit when I was working there 12 years ago. Used to give me the heebie jeebies putting it up and down. 

Yep it had got any better 6 years ago when I worked there but it did put out some good birds.  

Went to Bisley yesterday and I'm delighted to say that everything was open. Really good high and driven birds and the grouse butts were fun as promised. Everything worked and very few no birds.

If pushed, the worst I could say is that some of the stands were a bit samey (but there are lots of stands and I shot them all) and it's a touch pricey, but I didn't mind paying for a good layout.

The natives were very friendly, liberal amounts of hand sanitizer around and I'll definitely be going again. I had to return to the car for more cartridges half way through, so I'll man up and carry a full slab next time.

As feared, the debit card took a hammering and I'm glad I don't live a bit nearer.