Wild white rabbit

brooktrout

He's still a babbit bet a fox/cat/bird of prey gets him before he's a year old.

I was shooting some rabbits in a field at day time when all of a sudden I aim on a particularily large one and notice it has lop ears, went a bit closer and saw it had a blue tag round its neck, god knows how it got where it did, anyway picked the little fella up and found his owners searching frantically for him (walking down the road). Am annoyed I found his owners a rabbit that big would have had some fine eating :lol: (j/k) :lol:

Keep us posted on the little mans progress :lol:

Meant to add... apparently its bad luck to shoot a black rabbit. Plenty of them around where I used to live no one would shoot them, farmer used to say well they eat the same amount of food as a regular ******* rabbit!!

Must be an intelligent rabbit if it can read then RS :lol: You're right about it being an albino though, probably some relation of a domestic rabbit which escaped/was released IMO.

Black rabbits are nothing more than genetic throws every now and then.

The black rabbit is also part of the urban legend / myth in that, the reason nobody shoots them is because in times gone past, the keeper would leave them alone so that if a poacher was working his land he would take any colour for food and so the keeper would know if the black ones went missing it was a good indicator that a poacher was working the land and he would be extra vigilant.

That is why it is supposed to be bad luck to whack em. Nothing more nothing less.