Mono block LOL

Bigbob

The old couple next door to me he's 90 and she's 86 with mobility problems after having a stroke , are getting there drive and back garden mono blocked and they look like a bunch of travellers . I was night shift as they ripped up the slabs and when I got up there was a note threw the door from the lady oppiste  saying Bob one of the slabs hit your truck , so after having a look it was only the tyre that was marked . So I said to the head poncho I thought I was in for a repair and respray there ? And they denied all knowledge , so I said you want to  see my cctv or the letter I got from a neighbour ?  They said sorry and would clean my tyre. Then they left it for a week all dug up while they did another job in Edinbrugh  . Then after getting home last night 19.30ish there trailer is parked blocking my drive with a bulldog clamp on it so I couldn't move it , so I put a bit 4x2 piece of cardboard tied onto it saying I require access to my drive daily . Speaking to the old couple would be a waste of time as they would only apogise and it's not there doing . But if things come in threes I am dreading the third lol  . I'm away at 06.00am till 19.30 till I'm off on Friday so won't see them till them but maybe it will all be finished ? 

17 minutes ago, 243deer said:

You could contact the police with the  suspicion that the old folk are being scammed if the 'contractors'  do not want to play nice. The police are taking such reports pretty seriously at the moment. It might also be true.

This

32 minutes ago, 243deer said:

You could contact the police with the  suspicion that the old folk are being scammed if the 'contractors'  do not want to play nice. The police are taking such reports pretty seriously at the moment. It might also be true.

I'm also with this,i wouldn't hesitate!,you could be preventing this elderly couple from being ripped off,there was a case local to me only last year where an elderly widow was scammed by 'caravan dwellers',they charged her a fortune for painting the exterior walls of her bungalow,unbeknown to her they had been refilling Sandtex Exterior wall paint buckets with B & Q emulsion,the perpatrators to my knowledge were never caught.

Edited by 51/50

1 hour ago, 51/50 said:

I'm also with this,i wouldn't hesitate!,you could be preventing this elderly couple from being ripped off,there was a case local to me only last year where an elderly widow was scammed by 'caravan dwellers',they charged her a fortune for painting the exterior walls of her bungalow,unbeknown to her they had been refilling Sandtex Exterior wall paint buckets with B & Q emulsion,the perpatrators to my knowledge were never caught.

We all know they are going to get ripped off anyway, if it was me as a neighbour they wouldn't have started in the 1st place, and as for blocking your drive, well it would be moved one way or another. 

Blocking a drop down kerb is the offence of obstruction. Take photos and report it to the police. Unfortunately if the perpetrators are low lifes they may get back at you or your property, it's a very awkward situation to be in.

Vic.

A low life in a pub i worked in was constantly taking money off a young lad for a car radio he had bought and paid for, the low life used to ask for money when he was short, there was no way i was letting him get away with it. Cant stand bullies, which is what they are. 

Yesterday it was pouring another couple turned up and sat in a car they moved the trailer partially blocking the drive oppistite the guy arrived home and parked right in front of it leaving them to push it back to move it LOL . Then they went away and came back with a load of hardcore parking between me and next door but the front of the jeep was blocking next doors drive he was straight out moaning at them LOL . But hes retired as well and is out and in all day long . I dont think they will be getting any follow upwork from this street , And its pouring down again today so this will extend the job and as of tonight im off for four days and my truck will be up and down my drive LOL 

I'm sure the tour the streets looking for any drive that's not mono blocked and chap on the door ? 

Then they can undercut guys doing a proper job as there's no tra ability with them . After a month with a car on it if the monoblock sinks it's tough luck they got the money and are gone 

3 hours ago, Smokersmith said:

I know people who have ….

They got very badly hurt, and won't be doing it again.

It's not right, but these folks seem to operate beyond the law.

We had some locals tackle them and burn a caravan . They ran straight over the bloke and backed back over him 

4 hours ago, Smokersmith said:

I know people who have ….

They got very badly hurt, and won't be doing it again.

It's not right, but these folks seem to operate beyond the law.

That's the problem, the vast majority of people have got something to lose so take a cautious approach.  As well as the fear of having a mob take you on if that mob have no regard for the law then for the vast majority of folk it is a world of risk.

It's no wonder that people are scared and the other side know that too so they ham it up even more with the threats and posturing knowing that they are unlikely to be challenged.