Paid Pigeon Shooting Wanted

Hiya, has anyone got any pigeon shooting coming up willing to pay for the pleasure,willing to travel 60 mile radius of Sheffield or there about, have all gear, BASC insurance, 4x4 vehicle, cant shoot for toffee, cheers zamzwed.

Hah! I once used a guy that advertised as "Warwickshire Pigeon". Called Lee.

Arrived at the meeting point, three or so others there also, separate to me, and he he asks us all if he could see our SGCs and insurance. Then asks us each for the £40 or so cash (or whatever it was) for the privilege.

So I ask him if i) I can have something to carry so that if I'm challenged by the landowner, or the police, or etc. that I've got at hand a written authority.

"No I don't do that. Give them my mobile number."

OK, says I, can I have a receipt please for the £40 or so cash I've just paid you."

"No. Don't do written receipts."

So anyway all morning in a field that all of two pigeons fly over. Of which I'm happy to say I shoot both. So I call him to say let him know. So he comes and off we go on a drive for a odometer registered twelve miles around rural Warwickshire. Stopping at this field and that field to be told that there were no birds so we'd better try another place. Finally we drive down a single track tarmac road and he says "Leave you car here, on the side of the road, and then walk across those two fields and set up in the third."

"No thanks, says I, I'm not leaving the car part in the road and part on the verge. I'll pass. He does offer a "half price" day in the future. But I told that I;d rather pass as I doubted that I could afford the petrol.

So there are good paid pigeon shooting brokerages and then there's others.

Who should NOT be confused with other brokerages currently operating in the Midlands with very similar sounding BUT NOT THAT SAME website name and are run by an excellent man called Toby who offers fully guided teaching days.

Edited by enfieldspares

Years ago my pal booked a guided pigeon day in Leicestershire and asked me to go with him. All packed and ready to set off on the two hour drive at 6.00am and my friend received a text from the guide saying ‘make it midday’. At midway we arrive at the rendezvous with no sign of the guide. 15 mins later he called him, the guide said he’ll be with us in ‘less than an hour so just go to the pub to wait’. Eventually he turned up and took us to a ploughed field with an empty sky. He gave us the kit to set up and disappeared off again. After an hour without a bird in the sky I fell asleep on the ground in the hide. Another hour later my mate woke me up and suggested we left. Rather than pay the £80 per head we neatly packed up the guide’s kit and walked back (a couple of miles) to where our car had been left to drive home. A complete waste of a day and half a tank of diesel. 

All the gear and no idea, just funnin.

If you're willing to pay for shooting pigeons then try the NPPC, run by John Shooter it covers a  large area near to you of which I occasionally shoot some of his perms.  (Depending how busy my own is)

He will also give you tuition if needed and point you in the right direction for gear.

Currently with the harvest he has many fields, pea, hay and OSR easily within a 60 mile radius of Sheffield. I'm in Sheffield too.

There are many people on here who shoot for the NPPC but are not posting, but I'm sure would also reccomend if they were.

You can call John, I'm never sure if we're allowed to put phone numbers on here, so if you want his number PM me, or email him direct on, info@nppc.co.uk 

You can tell him Andy from Sheffield put you onto him if you want as he knows me.

It's a one off payment for either 6 or 12 months, which is way less than a guided day with some who advertise.

Good luck either way

Thank for advice chaps, have paid in the past with success and also without, the pigeon guide kept deposit from numerous cancelled days on his part all sorts of excuses, i posted to let people know, several members knew who it was. Don't think hes on here anymore

Thanks Andy was considering giving them a call, i have his no so I will call him, cheers again chaps.