410 shotgun shell reloading

Hi, all. 

Have finally decided to reload my own 410 shells. Fed up with the lack of availability and sky high prices. Anyone got any views on powder? Clay and game recommend Alliant 410, but I have read different opinions. Any help/info much appreciated. Many thanks. 

Regards, Rob. 

5 minutes ago, Donkey said:

You could use ram shot enforcer data is on ####.co.uk its what I have used as I can’t get sp3

Don’t know why it’s edited the web address but folkstone engineering site

Thank you, mate. Trouble is I'm in Milton Keynes. They didn't want to deliver this far out. 

What shotshell reloading manuals do you have?

Normallty quite a few ideas in them re powder options.
Happy to check mine if you don't have access to any at present - would need load ideas, etc.

Suggest you also check out the dedicated website fourten.org as well

3 inch shells ...... Fiocchi are best ...... 0.97g  Vectan  SP3    18.7g  #7s   12mm fibre wad over a 2 mm over powder card works for me. I shoot around 750 a year at driven game

Check out Folkestone Enginering. John there has one or two loadings and mine is based on his information and I use his wads and cards.

8 hours ago, Fenlandbob said:

Thank you, mate. Trouble is I'm in Milton Keynes. They didn't want to deliver this far out. 

Check out when John... Folkestone Eng.,  is likely to be coming north and he will arrange a drop off place to meet up.  I find with powders and shot it is always worth keeping stock in. I'm halfway down a pot of SP3 now and will be ordering another along with some more shot. It doesn't go mouldy and sometimes stocks seem to run out at suppliers.

11 hours ago, Walker570 said:

3 inch shells ...... Fiocchi are best ...... 0.97g  Vectan  SP3    18.7g  #7s   12mm fibre wad over a 2 mm over powder card works for me. I shoot around 750 a year at driven game

Check out Folkestone Enginering. John there has one or two loadings and mine is based on his information and I use his wads and cards.

Check out when John... Folkestone Eng.,  is likely to be coming north and he will arrange a drop off place to meet up.  I find with powders and shot it is always worth keeping stock in. I'm halfway down a pot of SP3 now and will be ordering another along with some more shot. It doesn't go mouldy and sometimes stocks seem to run out at suppliers.

Thank you, mate. I'll have a chat with him. His name keeps popping up. 

Regards, Rob.