Harvest/stubble netting??

As Jdog says, it isn't strictly necessary to match your background. However, I like to try to a certain degree, if I can.

Today I set up a hide in the centre of a rape field. The hide was of a sandy colour. We shot 70 pigeons. 

Type into google just seen 10 straight away eBay camonets bushwear wouldn’t suprise me if decathlon had them to or any army surplus shops if any still about good luck I personally just use hessian sack good enough and can see threw it 

Edited by Shotguneddy
Mistakes

8 hours ago, wymberley said:

Can't remember now, had it for years, may have been "camonets.com". Loads of sellers though. As Motty above, use this as a free standing hide when there's no option but to set up in the middle of a field.

That's pretty much what I need it for, rye stubble field that the pigeon are feeding on, all on a patch of laid/failed crop in the middle of a field!

2 hours ago, Zimtrout said:

That's pretty much what I need it for, rye stubble field that the pigeon are feeding on, all on a patch of laid/failed crop in the middle of a field!

If you do get some and think that you might need it on occasion, a couple of tips that I discovered were handy. A door. At the back of the square-ish hide, two extra poles one with a short length of net and the other with a longer piece set at angles allowing you to walk through but the angles prevented anything seeing in. A roof. Initially cut a bit of net and draped it over the rearmost poles, but this was fiddly. So bought 2 extra poles, cut the extending portion of each in half and Araldited in a good foot or more of appropriate sized rod to extend the length/height on the 'door' - sorted.

Whilst I agree that matching the background is not entirely necessary and lack of movement in the hide is more important. However, I think most try our best at concealment so perhaps it's a confidence builder that it blends in as much as possible.

I use a desert net very kindly given to me (amongst other things) by Brian (Cranfield) a couple of years ago when buying some other stuff from him and I find it great at harvest time. Thanks again Brian :thanks:

OB