PC Andrew Harper

Blackpowder

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 25/07/2020 at 06:35, TIGHTCHOKE said:

When will this country wake up and review our awful liberal way of doing things.

We continually see the victims being treated worse than the perpetrators.

Found out today national lottery funds    Travelers Times         

Thought that was for worthy causes        Glad I dont buy them

I have commented on this earlier and the more I read the more I find it heartbreaking I watched his widow read a statement last night on the news the sorrow and the expression on her face was there for all to see you would have to be a person with no soul or heart to be at least sorry for what you had done or try to make some sort of apology and mean it. 

12 hours ago, The Heron said:

I have commented on this earlier and the more I read the more I find it heartbreaking I watched his widow read a statement last night on the news the sorrow and the expression on her face was there for all to see you would have to be a person with no soul or heart to be at least sorry for what you had done or try to make some sort of apology and mean it. 

No chance, they are scrotes, their parents were scrotes their children will be scrotes!

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I see PC Harpers widow lizzie harper has asked the Pm for a retrial,? You can bet the 3 will not get the sentence they deserve

I sincerely doubt she will be granted a re-trial, the CPS will just say "insufficient evidence"!

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I see PC Harpers widow lizzie harper has asked the Pm for a retrial,? You can bet the 3 will not get the sentence they deserve

When I heard they were acquitted of murder I thought it the wrong verdict (and still do as dragging someone behind a car at speed as they knowingly did is certain to kill them - that is in my view beyond reasonable doubt), but I understand those who say that it would have given a much more realistic chance of them making an appeal etc. - and that a maximum sentence for manslaughter can be virtually as long.  IF (and I doubt it will happen) the judge does give 20 years - or life - maybe that is OK.  I can understand the family's anger - and rather agree with it - but I can also see that the manslaughter may be a 'safer' verdict.

Maybe we need 2 new laws with tariffs up to the same as murder

1. Deliberately endangering life

2. Deliberately aiding and abetting endangering life

The laws would not only act as a bridge between manslaughter and murder but would also cover such things as attacks on our emergency services and their equipment and other cases of idiocy like driving at 60mph past a school, dropping something from a motorway bridge, placing something on railway tracks and bosses that put profit before safety.

My thoughts are with his family, friends and colleagues and with the person who's quad it was, they will all be affected by this for life.

I would hope that the judge wipes out any credit for pleading guilty due to the complete lack of remorse.

8 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I see PC Harpers widow lizzie harper has asked the Pm for a retrial,? 

I for one wouldn't want to see a justice system where politicians can order a retrial if the jury verdict doesn't suit.

The best hope IMO is that if the trial judge is too lenient then it is appealed and a maximum sentence for the offence is applied. 

15 hours ago, toontastic said:

I for one wouldn't want to see a justice system where politicians can order a retrial if the jury verdict doesn't suit.

The best hope IMO is that if the trial judge is too lenient then it is appealed and a maximum sentence for the offence is applied. 

Max sentence for manslaughter is 10 years min 3 years lets see where the judge sets the bar.

40 minutes ago, MirokuMK70 said:

there will be an uproar...

Well - if it is an uproar by the normal majority "Joe Public" - it will probably be ignored.

If it is an uproar by a 'minority group' - everyone in Authority (possibly excepting HM and HRH) will go down on one knee, statues will be placed under review, streets and buildings renamed ........ the hairs on the judge's wig will stand on end - and there will be an immediate appeal reducing the sentence.

8 minutes ago, amateur said:

I hope that his widow appeals the sentences

Does she have any (legal) rights?  She was not herself directly involved.  I know that the 'authorities' (not sure if it the Attorney General, or the Home Secretary) can appeal if they think the sentences unduly lenient - but I'm not sure anyone else can?

Edited by JohnfromUK