New sporter

Mtl

Hi,

Buing a first sporter for sporting clays, compak clays and skeet. I cùrrently have B525 Game 1 and Benelli M2. Within the last few years I have been using B525 for clays a lot and it works ok, been happy with it. I spend time at range quite alot. Will be using the sporter also for hunting occasionally and I dont mind the extra weight. Barrel lenght will be 32 inches. B525 Game 1 fits me almost perfect. The comb is few mm to high for me and i shoot 60/40 with it. Rizzini is the only I was able to see and try and it felt the same with adjustable stock in down position as B525 so the comb felt high for few mm.

Problem is that I live in Finland and here we dont have guns availabe for testing at the range. If your are lucky as a left hander you might find one to try how it fits you. Normally lefthand shotguns must be ordered and very seldom there is one at the shop . I dont have the chance to try the others since there is non available. I was able to pull these comb height numbers from the internet just for myself to see if anything would be even close. But i dont think there is no way to calculate that since there is too many variables in the stock? Lop for me is 375. My preference would be fixed stock not adj.

My current B525 game 1 stock drop at 36mm and at heel 56. Lop 375mm

1. Rizzini Fierce 1. Drop at comb 35mm and at heel 54mm

2. Miroku Mk38. Drop at comb 38mm and at heel 57mm

3. Browning 725 Pro sport  adj. Drop at comb is 25-39mm and at heel 45-59mm

4. Browning 725 Ultra xs pro adj. Drop at comb is 24-38mm and at heel 38-54mm

5. Beretta 694 fixed stock. Drop at comb is 35mm and at heel 50mm

Regards. M

13 hours ago, Mtl said:

Will be using the sporter also for hunting occasionally and I dont mind the extra weight. Barrel lenght will be 32 inches.

I know you Finnish guys are a tall people, but are you sure the 32" barrels is a good idea for hunting?  It does of course depend on the terrain, if it's flat Tundra...you're probably ok, South West UK's undulating woodland, you'd have to be careful to keep your barrels clear.  As you say, you already have the Benelli to fall back on if it doesn't work.

Welcome to the forum, by the way