Boots

sam triple

5 hours ago, Scully said:

Matterhorn. 

Matterhorn where my first choice many years ago when I bought my Danners. Unfortunately they had/have a little problem just above the heel at the ankle, they break down and split. Having seen this first hand I went for the Danners which cost me over a weeks wage. Never regretted them, the only boots I could and still can go barefooted inside. Too much boot for me now but still my first choice when its anything but a very lightweight summers day.

I wouldn't buy Seeland on prinicipal. I telephoned them to try and help with a problem with some wellies my wife and I had purchased, not whinging,  just trying to be helpful and I got a Solicitors letter from the their head office...no kidding.  As far as I am concerned they no longer exist.

Quality long lasting walking boot , I would buy Meindle.  For genreral tramping about I buy from my local store at best price and throw them away when worn out, rarely pay more than £40.

If it's wet then Bogs wellies, neoprene tops.

13 hours ago, Big Mat said:

Ex army altbergs off Ebay,  my last pair was under £40.

Yes they’re looking favourite at the mo 

11 hours ago, Walker570 said:

I wouldn't buy Seeland on prinicipal. I telephoned them to try and help with a problem with some wellies my wife and I had purchased, not whinging,  just trying to be helpful and I got a Solicitors letter from the their head office...no kidding.  As far as I am concerned they no longer exist.

Quality long lasting walking boot , I would buy Meindle.  For genreral tramping about I buy from my local store at best price and throw them away when worn out, rarely pay more than £40.

If it's wet then Bogs wellies, neoprene tops.

For what reason did they send a solicitors letter to you 

5 hours ago, sam triple said:

Yes they’re looking favourite at the mo 

For what reason did they send a solicitors letter to you 

Don't ask me. They sent a letter from their legal team warning me in so many words that I should not approach them but go to the supplier. Going to the supplier is fair enough but what they totally missed was I was approaching them directly not to complain about the boots but help with the fact that the product had totally changed colour from matt green to a weird lemon yellow colour and the soles where coming apart.  Instead of a ..."Nice of you to call us and let us know of this, if you contact your supplier they will replace them for you or refund. We will look into the situation you describe".  No , I get a totally nregative response from their Scotland office and then the letter.  Lots more compnaies happy for the business.

Edited by Walker570

43 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Don't ask me. They sent a letter from their legal team warning me in so many words that I should not approach them but go to the supplier. Going to the supplier is fair enough but what they totally missed was I was approaching them directly not to complain about the boots but help with the fact that the product had totally changed colour from matt green to a weird lemon yellow colour and the soles where coming apart.  Instead of a ..."Nice of you to call us and let us know of this, if you contact your supplier they will replace them for you or refund. We will look into the situation you describe".  No , I get a totally nregative response from their Scotland office and then the letter.  Lots more compnaies happy for the business.

Weird ,I’ll steer clear