Eley zenith

Wouldn’t bother from what I have heard and seen

2 of my mates tried the 20g version and didn’t think they had great stopping power.

i tried the 12g and whilst ok wouldn’t say that where any better than std cartridges that cost a lot less.

Eley? I wouldn't now EVER buy Eley. Why? Because of their apparent association with the BASC lead shot announcement as there's a perception that there was some sort of an advantage they were trying to gain for their bio-degradable plastic wad.. And having tried Eley's paper cased 12 Bore "Classic Game" that also uses their coppered shot I too was disappointed. No Eley for me. I'll put my money with Lylvale or Hull Cartridge.

Edited by enfieldspares

3 hours ago, snow white said:

Hi lads anybody used Eley zenith I am thinking of getting some for coming season using 20 bore what do you think of them.

The 12g version I have used and they STONK what you hit.  a great high pheasant cartridge.

I have not used the 20g version although i would expect it to perform well given the performance and reputation the 12s have.... 

1 hour ago, rbrowning2 said:

Think that is a little unfair on Eley they were named in the first joint statement together with others like gamebore, by the cartridge manufacture against the voluntary ban of lead shot and non biodegradable wads.

Sometimes when looking at a series of events it pays to take some steps back, twelve months to February 2019, and see what was happening beforehand. I've personally little doubt that I'm adding 2+2 and, correctly, getting 4.

https://www.eleyhawkltd.com/media-events/press-releases/eley-hawk-launches-the-first-disolvable-and-biodegradeable-wad-

It is also worth noting this from the ECHA:

https://newsletter.echa.europa.eu/home/-/newsletter/entry/controlling-lead-in-ammunition-and-fishing-balancing-benefits-and-viability

I tried a slab of 20 bore zenith ..Very disappointed ..Very poor Cartridge just couldn’t get on with them ..Also had 2cartridges in a box. Where the crimp had not closed properly and the shot had fell out in box..Far better cartridges out there at less money ..Try Lylevale Ultimate Power shot 500 at the end of last season and found them exceptional..

3 hours ago, rbrowning2 said:

Think that is a little unfair on Eley they were named in the first joint statement together with others like gamebore, by the cartridge manufacture against the voluntary ban of lead shot and non biodegradable wads.

Agree I have some 16 bore 30g and I am more than happy with them but then again I also bought the partridge cartridge and found it to be an excellent excellent cartridge that does what it says on the tin 

Used them in 12g at a certain estate in Yorkshire. Compared with anything else they are the Trabant compared to Porsche in speed, but with a punch of Tyson! 

Wouldn't use them out of choice but were given them to try. 

Like Enfield said, for all the freebies being given to BASC normal consumers are picking up that bill of endorsement.

12 hours ago, enfieldspares said:

Sometimes when looking at a series of events it pays to take some steps back, twelve months to February 2019, and see what was happening beforehand. I've personally little doubt that I'm adding 2+2 and, correctly, getting 4.

https://www.eleyhawkltd.com/media-events/press-releases/eley-hawk-launches-the-first-disolvable-and-biodegradeable-wad-

It is also worth noting this from the ECHA:

https://newsletter.echa.europa.eu/home/-/newsletter/entry/controlling-lead-in-ammunition-and-fishing-balancing-benefits-and-viability

well let’s look back even further as Eley were not the first to launch using these biodegradable dissolvable wads, not even the first to sell cartridges in the U.K. with them in. They were first used by armusa way back in 2013 and sold by purbeck shooting ground, but then like now they were expensive so never got a footing in the U.K. market. I guess eley thought they may be worth a punt to see if they would sell and personally I think BASC then took the opportunity to try and save commercial game shooting by seeing away to announce the voluntary ban.

google armusa shooting without trace and you will see the video was posted March 2013.

Edited by rbrowning2

On 26/07/2020 at 20:41, Stgeorge123 said:

I tried a slab of 20 bore zenith ..Very disappointed ..Very poor Cartridge just couldn’t get on with them ..Also had 2cartridges in a box. Where the crimp had not closed properly and the shot had fell out in box..Far better cartridges out there at less money ..Try Lylevale Ultimate Power shot 500 at the end of last season and found them exceptional..

I tried 20 bore couple seasons ago and was disappointed too. Cartridges finished very poorly. They patterned **** as well, through my gun.