Expensive morning

Benthejockey

Well tomorrow will be at least. I'm off on badger cull training next Saturday with a shortage of my preferred 100gr deer pokers in the cupboard and for ease I bought a couple of boxes of vmax 58gr factory pews. Went to rezero yesterday afternoon and couldn't get any better than 3 inches high at 70yds. Stripped it all down, cleaned the gun and refitted the mounts and scope and went back this morning with a little shim in my pocket. After some adjustment it was still 8 inches high or more and 2 inches right. I only had about 4inches of elevation left so I shimmed him and got to 3 inches high, cranked it up and right 8 clicks and it moved 1/2 an inch down and less left. Balls. Gave it another inch on both. Fired and couldn't see where it went so zoomed in to look and it wound up and then jammed on about 12x mag and wouldnt go up or down. I think it's dead. Got home and took it off and gave it a fairly firm free hand twist and it did did eventually undo but it feels a little graunchy like something has died inside. It wasn't a high end scope it's an old bushnell banner 6-18x50 but it's really bad timing! 

Use what will give you the best confident group, or you will need to re-take the test which will cost you more in time, its only 1/2 a dozen afterall. And they dont generally like the 58grn from a 243 it smashes up the targets.LOL (I know)

I know a few dead eye mouth almighty shooters that failed to get any in the kill zone let alone any group. I offered my condolences to one chap, didnt go down too well, but his was a proper door handle. 

10 hours ago, Dougy said:

Use what will give you the best confident group, or you will need to re-take the test which will cost you more in time, its only 1/2 a dozen afterall. And they dont generally like the 58grn from a 243 it smashes up the targets.LOL (I know)

I know a few dead eye mouth almighty shooters that failed to get any in the kill zone let alone any group. I offered my condolences to one chap, didnt go down too well, but his was a proper door handle. 

I would have reloaded some more 100gr but I've run out and the test was dropped on me without a lot of notice. As was the trapping course. The one farmer has offered to pay for my bullets so it won't pain me too much to use vmax. They can moan about them but they're legal and they're going to be free for me so I won't worry 😂