Page Hall Sheffield

Blackpowder

Just been watching mutiple posts on another site about  a place called Page Hall in Sheffield, street fights with sticks and broken furniture.  The persons involved do not sound m or loo as if they are Seffield natives , the total incidents look like a complete break down in law and order.

Blackpowder 

Had you written Attercliffe, I would not have been surprised, but Page Hall was, as I remember it, a relatively quiet, working class area.

Sheffield's population has, however, changed somewhat over the years.

33 minutes ago, amateur said:

Had you written Attercliffe, I would not have been surprised, but Page Hall was, as I remember it, a relatively quiet, working class area.

Sheffield's population has, however, changed somewhat over the years.

I lived there when I was a young child. I really don't remember much about it though.

I did some work down there not so long ago and was told Page Hall is now largely populated by Asians and Eastern Europeans, lots of Kosovans apparently.

Just had a look on youtube; what a nightmare that must be to live there. Must be plenty of decent people living there who must be reeling at what has been put upon them and their community.

Watched some local BBC reports which mention the Roma-Slovak  community and their difficulty integrating.

13 minutes ago, treetree said:

Just had a look on youtube; what a nightmare that must be to live there. Must be plenty of decent people living there who must be reeling at what has been put upon them and their community.

Watched some local BBC reports which mention the Roma-Slovak  community and their difficulty integrating.

I’m sure if Tony Blair has a minute he’ll pop down and explain the finer points of multiculturalism to them ...the ordinary hardworking people of the area must be delighted with what its become ...

Page Hall is populated with Slovakian gypsies. Very few of whom work. Culturally they litter profusely, urinate and deficate  in the open air. The council have to periodically deep clean the area as it’s that filthy.  I have a relative who works the area, in what capacity I will not reveal and reports that it is a very unpleasant area to be in

3 hours ago, yates said:

Page Hall is populated with Slovakian gypsies. Very few of whom work. Culturally they litter profusely, urinate and deficate  in the open air. The council have to periodically deep clean the area as it’s that filthy.  I have a relative who works the area, in what capacity I will not reveal and reports that it is a very unpleasant area to be in

This is it. David Blunkett admitted there were 'challenges', there are two or three other places in the UK with the same challenges as acknowledged by senior police officers.

I hardly dare reply for fear of being banned again but let's just say that its always been a working class area with mostly all council housing and the sort of people that most of us identify with. Although there are some very large 3 story houses that in the day where highly desirable and expensive.

It started in the 60s being homes for those of Asian, Indian and Pakistani origin and shops catering for those of that culture. I must also state that the vast majority of which are hard working tax paying decent people.

However, the council houses sold, the bigger 3 story type became overcrowded and prices dropped. With the closure of most of the Sheffield steel works many of these people became unemployed and for some that meant total unemployability as the works fell into ruin.

Roll on a few years and attitudes have changed and unfortunately a lot of the very hard working labourers have moved on or have reached pensionable age.

Importation of Eastern block persons and others with their cultural divisions plus refugees  from various countries and a general attitude of won't work, can't work, wouldn't work anyway because they can receive more on benefits type persons. They now clash with the other residents and the more rare white British people. As always, people of different races/creeds/religious beliefs and cultures clash and mild disagreements quickly get out of hand. Especially as some cultures have a 24hour drinking strong alcohol sat in the street, poor me mentality.

Shops are boarded up, open area's filthy and litter strewn. The area is directly between Meadowhall (Meadowhell) and one of the largest hospitals in the North, The Northern General.

Unfortunately it seems the culture of many these days to avoid work at all costs and to require the tax payer, regardless of race etc to fund the booze fuelled sprees they go on and import more of their families for us to feed, cloth and supply alcohol to.

A lot of these fights and attacks are reprisals and revenge for some slight, wether imagined, intentional or deliberate or just a failing of multiple languages I don't know.

I do know that regardless of who you are, I dislike passing through the area at anytime by vehicle and stress I wouldn't enter the area on foot at all now. 

Such a shame, because just a few years ago it was a reasonably nice area with desirable housing and a good range of diverse shops where different cultures still had misunderstandings but could mix freely and walk the streets in safety.

11 hours ago, Centrepin said:

I hardly dare reply for fear of being banned again but let's just say that its always been a working class area with mostly all council housing and the sort of people that most of us identify with. Although there are some very large 3 story houses that in the day where highly desirable and expensive.

It started in the 60s being homes for those of Asian, Indian and Pakistani origin and shops catering for those of that culture. I must also state that the vast majority of which are hard working tax paying decent people.

However, the council houses sold, the bigger 3 story type became overcrowded and prices dropped. With the closure of most of the Sheffield steel works many of these people became unemployed and for some that meant total unemployability as the works fell into ruin.

Roll on a few years and attitudes have changed and unfortunately a lot of the very hard working labourers have moved on or have reached pensionable age.

Importation of Eastern block persons and others with their cultural divisions plus refugees  from various countries and a general attitude of won't work, can't work, wouldn't work anyway because they can receive more on benefits type persons. They now clash with the other residents and the more rare white British people. As always, people of different races/creeds/religious beliefs and cultures clash and mild disagreements quickly get out of hand. Especially as some cultures have a 24hour drinking strong alcohol sat in the street, poor me mentality.

Shops are boarded up, open area's filthy and litter strewn. The area is directly between Meadowhall (Meadowhell) and one of the largest hospitals in the North, The Northern General.

Unfortunately it seems the culture of many these days to avoid work at all costs and to require the tax payer, regardless of race etc to fund the booze fuelled sprees they go on and import more of their families for us to feed, cloth and supply alcohol to.

A lot of these fights and attacks are reprisals and revenge for some slight, wether imagined, intentional or deliberate or just a failing of multiple languages I don't know.

I do know that regardless of who you are, I dislike passing through the area at anytime by vehicle and stress I wouldn't enter the area on foot at all now. 

Such a shame, because just a few years ago it was a reasonably nice area with desirable housing and a good range of diverse shops where different cultures still had misunderstandings but could mix freely and walk the streets in safety.

A very accurate appraisal of the current situation of Page Hall

On 30/07/2020 at 20:39, henry d said:

Bit of a stooshie = breakdown of law and order? Gis a break!

Why don't you head down Henry, have a chat with the locals?

I drove through a couple of weeks ago, it's pretty unnerving all the way from Snig Hill to the hospital. Burngreave was kicking off, 2 rival Pakistani gangs apparently. Page Hall was peaceful enough, but the streets were full of men just hanging bout, wandering across the road etc (just an observation, not a criticism). I had to stop for a few, who just glared at me until they'd passed. According to the local I'd popped up to meet, the Slovakians don't like the Bulgarians, who hate the Kosovans etc. Within each group there are tribes and gangs who don't like each other either. The guy wanted to move but had bought his house and the value had plummeted below his mortgage.

The drive home was diverted by riot vans, Page Hall was kicking off again!

I grew up on one of the rough estates in Sheffield, well known for stabbings and shootings, especially lately. But there was never the kind of mass-violence there seems to be in certain areas today.

20 hours ago, Demonic69 said:

Why don't you head down Henry, have a chat with the locals?

I drove through a couple of weeks ago, it's pretty unnerving all the way from Snig Hill to the hospital. Burngreave was kicking off, 2 rival Pakistani gangs apparently. Page Hall was peaceful enough, but the streets were full of men just hanging bout, wandering across the road etc (just an observation, not a criticism). I had to stop for a few, who just glared at me until they'd passed. According to the local I'd popped up to meet, the Slovakians don't like the Bulgarians, who hate the Kosovans etc. Within each group there are tribes and gangs who don't like each other either. The guy wanted to move but had bought his house and the value had plummeted below his mortgage.

The drive home was diverted by riot vans, Page Hall was kicking off again!

I grew up on one of the rough estates in Sheffield, well known for stabbings and shootings, especially lately. But there was never the kind of mass-violence there seems to be in certain areas today.

Sort of sums it up. Wandering into the road to get you to stop, getting nasty if you don't, who knows what if you do. Fast becoming a no go area for anyone not wanting "some" form of fight/trouble.

I heard the latest was for kids to throw themselves at the side of cars as they pull up at traffic lights, the adults then screaming you hit the kids. If you're fool enough to stay still, you loose the car, everything in it and everything you have with you. Should you drive off, hit and run, fail to stop, although I think they'll have a way to go to make it stick.

1 hour ago, Demonic69 said:

Ah right, so other people's experiences are clearly lies because you haven't experienced it yourself. As I said, get yourself down there mate, you seem like a man of the people

No, it's one person's experience, or could even be third hand it doesn't mean that it is a true reflection of what is happening. Take for example the initial comments on the explosion in Beirut. Explosion in the NME + a person's perception of the people and area = wild supposition in some cases, others weigh up story without putting too much onus on personal biases and come up with a closer approximation to what we are now hearing from the authorities.

I'd love to come down but I'm a bit busy with working on my house and selling it, places like that don't phase me I have done lots of street based youth work in some of the poorest areas of Scotland.